Brewster on the Gophers/NFL Draft

I think the fact that no one was drafted this year makes it pretty obvious that the Gophers had no business competing in the Big Ten the past two years. You can't win without talent and Mason clearly left the cupboard bare. I believe we'll see a turnaround in the next couple of seasons with the talent Brewster is bringing in.

And people who complain about the falloff at the end of last season--our highest rated pro player (Decker) was out. That makes a big difference when we only have a handful of players with NFL ability.

While i agree that Mason left the cupbard bare, Mason did leave Dominic Jones and Alex Daniels who were good players. We all know what happened there, but those guys did have talent.

I thought Lawrence was great last year. a little over pursuit now and then, but I'll agree he might be the best pro prospect on the team. I think Brown might turn up in the NFL too when all is said and done. I'm predicting three drafted, one free agent signee.

At this point, who other than Decker, would likely be All Big Ten?

I hope this will be the year when guys like Lawrence, Brown, Campbell, Small, McKinley, Sherels, Simmons on D and Weber, Bennett, the young WR's, Wynn, Carufel, and some of the highly touted Brewster recruits step up.

Daniels? He may have been ready to contribute but, IMO, was not a good player.

At this point, who other than Decker, would likely be All Big Ten?

I hope this will be the year when guys like Lawrence, Brown, Campbell, Small, McKinley, Sherels, Simmons on D and Weber, Bennett, the young WR's, Wynn, Carufel, and some of the highly touted Brewster recruits step up.

Daniels? He may have been ready to contribute but, IMO, was not a good player.

Last year Traye Simmons and Adam Weber were 2nd team Big Ten so those two should make the list as likely All Big Ten. After that our season depends upon whether many of the players you listed step up.

Simoni has a lot of potential, especially if he can get up to 230

Top Bottom