Brew

gophmeister

Reaction score
I've been pretty ticked at Brewster since the USD loss, but yesterday I actually felt bad for him. He really maintains his composure despite all the things that have happened. Until the badly botched 1st down run up the gut with 55 seconds left, I was visualizing the team overcoming the odds and winning the 4 games he needs to keep his job. I think we're really past the point of angry rhetoric and bickering about whether to fire him or not. We know he isn't the greatest X/O coach. We don't need to grind the man into the ground. I for one am just going to root for the team and hope somehow something positive comes out of this in the end.

if we win the game yesterday, it means nothing. we feel better, but the patient is still dying on the gurney

Even if he wins 3 or 4 of the remaining games (snowball, hell, you get the point), he's still gone. His body of work here has been beyond substandard and this was the year he needed to turn the corner. he didn't. he won't. he can't.

I'm not disagreeing, I just feel it's pointless to deride the fellow any further. Guarding some miracle, his fate is sealed.

Top Bottom