Brevyn Spann-Ford

50PoundHead

Reaction score
Couldn't find the "Gophers in the Pros" thread, but wanted to mention that I watched some of the Cowboys-Steelers tilt last night and Spann-Ford got some serious time on the field. He caught his first two passes as a pro. He looks to be in really great shape and more mobile than I remember him with the Gophers.

Saw that too. Too bad his last year as a Gopher was not impactful. Not sure if that was on him, or our QB play.
I think the offensive scheme also hurt him a bit. On his big play last night, he was in motion and ran a bit of a wheel route and was in the open. I don't recall the Gophers ever really isolating him in that way.

BSF had NFL size so not surprised to see him getting a shot, hopefully he makes the most of it. Unfortunate he wasn't more of a weapon while here, some was probably scheme, some was the QB (especially last year) and some was on him not catching the damn ball at times.

He’s has definitely slimmed down, which I think was one of the dumbest things we ever did with him while he was here (he got much heavier). His strength is the mobility and matchup problems he affords at his size. He’s never going to be a great blocker

BSF had NFL size so not surprised to see him getting a shot, hopefully he makes the most of it. Unfortunate he wasn't more of a weapon while here, some was probably scheme, some was the QB (especially last year) and some was on him not catching the damn ball at times.
He had steel hands when he played here.

He’s been active every game this year. Awesome for him. Cowboys targeted their TEs 12 times yesterday.

He’s has definitely slimmed down, which I think was one of the dumbest things we ever did with him while he was here (he got much heavier). His strength is the mobility and matchup problems he affords at his size. He’s never going to be a great blocker
My impression as well. He came to the U as a possible match-up nightmare and the coaching staff seemed to want to turn him into an extra offensive tackle. He does look thinner and more mobile. Maybe that happened in his pre-draft training.

Top Bottom