Brett Favre

Mr. Samsonite

Reaction score
Just thinking about how great it would be if brett favre was on the UM sidelines decked out in maroon and gold, i think that may be the one thing he could do to win over the hearts of every minnesotan besides the "special ones" who already wear red and ride around in their short buses

Just thinking about how great it would be if brett favre was on the UM sidelines decked out in maroon and gold, i think that may be the one thing he could do to win over the hearts of every minnesotan besides the "special ones" who already wear red and ride around in their short buses

Why on earth would he do that? If I were a So Miss fan, that would be like ripping my heart out, throwing it on the floor, and stomping all over it.

Just think of how you would feel if MBIII showed up in burnt orange at a Texas game...or if Maroney went to a BC game. I don't know how you'd feel, but I'd feel betrayed.

Why on earth would he do that? If I were a So Miss fan, that would be like ripping my heart out, throwing it on the floor, and stomping all over it.

Just think of how you would feel if MBIII showed up in burnt orange at a Texas game...or if Maroney went to a BC game. I don't know how you'd feel, but I'd feel betrayed.

I think I almost had a heart attack dpodoll... We are in agreement.

It would be pretty cool to see, but after hearing the perspective of Barber and Maroney wearing opposing jeresys... Ugh.

There is no reason to expect NFL players to be fans of the local college team, they have their own alma maters to support. Although I'm sure that if Farve were to attend a Gophers games, the cameras would be all over him.

There is no reason to expect NFL players to be fans of the local college team, they have their own alma maters to support. Although I'm sure that if Farve were to attend a Gophers games, the cameras would be all over him.

The exception is with our own pro-hoopster Kevin Love. Love often has been seen behind the Gophers bench at home games. He's not decked out in maroon/gold, but he is chummy with the team.

I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting the hometown team if they choose to. I would have no problem seeing Barber at a Texas game. Now if he's decked out in Texas gear, that's a different story. Love comes to Gophers' b-ball games but I'm guessing that if UCLA came to Williams Arena, he'd be cheering for the Bruins.

There's certainly nothing wrong with supporting the local team. I imagine there are plenty of Gophers fans living around outside of Minnesota who support the local team except when they are playing the Gophers.

Love goes to Gophers game because those guys playing are his age...aka viable friends...Love is only 19 turning 20 so you can't expect him to hang out with only the older Timberwolves...

There's certainly nothing wrong with supporting the local team. I imagine there are plenty of Gophers fans living around outside of Minnesota who support the local team except when they are playing the Gophers.

Not me!!! Well, maybe the high school team but that's it.

If Brett Favre wanted to "stick it" to the Packer fans, AND he didn't care at all about his own college alma mater, I would say YES. But, he has no beef with Packer fans (it is Packers managment he wants to make look bad) AND, he is a good Mississippi citizen. Add it all together and the chances of seeing him in Gopher gear are about the same as seeing Chad Greenway in Gopher gear... 0%

Well, if the local team is Iowa, I can see not supporting the local team! :D

Yeah it's like 95% Iowa fans, 5% Iowa State down here. I can understand Iowa having more fans because they have a longer tradition, but it's ridiculous how one-sided it is. I even know one person who went to Iowa State but is a huge Iowa fan. If you don't know the definition of a "bandwagon fan", come down here and you'll find out in a hurry.

Top Bottom