Brendan Beal

HouseOfHagen

Reaction score
I noticed he played a lot vs. Purdue. Was this due to an injury to Rallis? I watched Beal on a few plays but didn't notice much good or bad in general. Any opinions as to how he played and if what you expect of his role next year?

Yes, Rallis was hurt and Beal replaced him in the 2nd half

Incorrect. Beal was in on the 2nd defensive series and played the next 3 or 4 in a row. Rallis then came back and played off and on the rest of the game.

Incorrect. Beal was in on the 2nd defensive series and played the next 3 or 4 in a row. Rallis then came back and played off and on the rest of the game.

I didn't really mean replaced him completely. I guess it was just in the 2nd half that I started to really notice Beal out there a lot.

Edit: Should add that Rallis did not practice today but Kill is still expecting him to play on Saturday.

I was correcting the "2nd half" piece of your statement. I found it interesting that we gave up a long run on the first series and Beal was immediately inserted to start the next series.

Yeah - I thought he played more plays than not in both halves individually.

I was correcting the "2nd half" piece of your statement. I found it interesting that we gave up a long run on the first series and Beal was immediately inserted to start the next series.

I understand and appreciate the correcting, I'm just saying that it wasn't until the 2nd half that I really noticed Beal was out there a lot. Personally I hope that Beal sees quite a bit more time as I don't think that it was a coincidence that the run defense improved greatly with him out there.

Beal does not run around blocks and get in other linebackers way, he plugs stuff up. Much better against the run.

#51 was on the field a lot. It appeared that he was not wearing any knee brace(s). I would think that is an indication that his knees are strong.

If Robinson gets his way early, I don't expect to see much of Beal and/or Rallis in favor of quicker, more agile LBs. Or even a lot of nickle.

Top Bottom