Breaking it Down

ORGopher

Reaction score
What is the pulse for the rest of the season? I guess the way I see it is that we should have a chance to win the rest of our home games (Purdue, Michigan State, Illinois, South Dakota State), but a win in any of the road games (Penn State, Ohio State, Iowa) would obivously be considered a big upset at this point.

If that is the case, a 4-3 finish puts us at 7-5, 6-5 against BCS teams, and possibly back to Tempe for a third time. Maybe we can go to the Champs Bowl this year. I think the Alamo Bowl would be a stretch, although who knows depending on how Michigan finishes the year, but the loss to Wisconsin certainly hurts those chances.

As excited as we were about the Cal games, I think it is obvious they may have been a little overrated after being outscored 72-6 in their last two games. In saying that, I would not be shocked at any win on the road this year - except for maybe Ohio State. But, we have to hold serve at home. I think Illinois and - obviously - South Dakota State are wins. I am nervous about this weekend and Michigan State is kind of a "hot-cold" type of team with pretty good talent.

Maybe we just are a mid-level bowl team?

Win our home games and we have a respectable season. I don't see this team getting blown out in any games.

How many respectable seasons have we already had? I thought Brewster was going to take Gopher Nation to Pasadena?

Win our home games and we have a respectable season. I don't see this team getting blown out in any games.

Key words being "I thought". I'll make my judgement at the end of the season, but right now I would give him two more years after this year. I want to see his OL rcruits hit the field before I jump ship.

The heart of the Brewster recruits are freshmen and sophs. Give it time. To me it's amazing they're even competing right now.

Purdue won't be as easy as every one thinks but we should win. SDSU we should win. The other two are toss up games, the likely outcome is a split. What do we want?? To win all four. The likely result?? 3-1. Puts us at 6-6.

Top Bottom