Branch topic from Miami 4 thread

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
How much does the movement of teams to new/different conferences help the U in recruiting? I see in the Miami 4 thread that a player that is committed to UWV and as recent as 10/11/11 according to rivals was a solid commit has de-committed. Do we think this has anything to do with UWV going to the Big 12?

I would think the Big Ten could recruit east coast kids with the promise that the conference is what it is and no teams will be leaving. You would think this would be good when kids consider travel for friends and family to games.

i don't know but the thought of

Harbison, Robinson and Joyner along with Phillip Nelson coming in together gives me some hope for the future. Hopefully we can get some impactful defensive players here yet in this class.

Uncertainty with the conference realignment outside the BIG10 will help. Especially certain schools without a "home" yet.
I don't know the specifics on the WV recruits, but I'd venture Halgorsen's volatility, along with WVU being in and out of major conferences can't help.
They also recently got smoked by Syracuse if I'm not mistaken.

Kill is being very calculating with his recruiting and program building, nothing seems willy nilly. I don't think many understand exactly what he's going for, but nothing seems to be done without careful thought and execution, even scholarship offers and playing time. If he can swing those two WVU kids then he's got a role and a plan for them and I can't help but think it's going be to fun to watch everything come into place as the season wraps up and we move into the next phase of Kill's plan past signing day and into the spring.

Just my prediction: We are bringing in alot of mid year signees, which would allow backlogging a few schollies and possibly sign up to 28, several key JUCOs. Come spring I think we'll start to see Klein's strength program show itself and the players start to digest and execute the O/D with much more precision, reacting more to the field of play and less thinking about what they need to do.

Top Bottom