Brainerd Dispatch: Gophers Kill, Teague rally the U of M faithful

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Brainerd Dispatch:

Kill was exciting a large crowd of U of M alumni and Gopher supporters about the upcoming season and some of the players that may be drafted three or four years from now including five offensive lineman recruited last season, two towering wide outs and a caravan of secondary help. But it was the players Kill couldn't talk about Wednesday - this year's recruits - who will see four Gophers being drafted, a New Year's Day bowl game last year, four prime time contests this season and a brand new athletics village being constructed that will make the Gophers contenders for many years.

"All kids, they want to get their education, but all those kids have dreams," said Kill. "If you stood them all up in a line they want to all play in the NFL. When you can backup your situation with having kids that are drafted and you're going out to recruit and you talk about those kids and the national publicity that we had this year it' all helps with recruiting."

After the draft three more former Gophers signed free agent contracts. Putting seven former Gophers on NFL rosters. Few were as happy as Kill.

"It's great," said Kill. "It's no different in wanting your own kids to succeed and chase their dreams. We had four kids drafted and three more sign as free agents so having seven kids get an opportunity to chase their dreams is great. And it helps our program in recruiting. It's just a good thing for everybody."

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/spo...letics-gophers-kill-teague-rally-u-m-faithful

Go Gophers!!

A new Killism from the article...

"...they have a taste in their mouth just in the fact that we play TCU the first game of this season. They don't have a chance to rest on their morals..."

Coach's rendition is certainly more in his character than the original saying.

per the Brainerd Dispatch:

Kill was exciting a large crowd of U of M alumni and Gopher supporters about the upcoming season and some of the players that may be drafted three or four years from now including five offensive lineman recruited last season, two towering wide outs and a caravan of secondary help. But it was the players Kill couldn't talk about Wednesday - this year's recruits - who will see four Gophers being drafted, a New Year's Day bowl game last year, four prime time contests this season and a brand new athletics village being constructed that will make the Gophers contenders for many years.
Go Gophers!!

Not sure if I like the use of the bold. Seems too limited.

Gophers are the true team of the state of Mn. We want all fans.

Then you should read the next three words

This article and occasion isn't about fans, its about raising money and the first group they go after for all cash is U of M Alumni so bold or not it's not about inclusion

Quote below was later in the story.

"It's a big recruiting tool," said Kill Wednesday while visiting Cragun's Resort in East Gull Lake as part of the U of M scholarship fundraiser hosted by Dutch Cragun."

Did you happen to see the next 3 words, "and Gopher supporters"? Seems to cover everyone to me.

Then you should read the next three words

I did.

This article and occasion isn't about fans, its about raising money and the first group they go after for all cash is U of M Alumni so bold or not it's not about inclusion

Quote below was later in the story.

"It's a big recruiting tool," said Kill Wednesday while visiting Cragun's Resort in East Gull Lake as part of the U of M scholarship fundraiser hosted by Dutch Cragun."

My bad. I thought it was.

Did you happen to see the next 3 words, "and Gopher supporters"? Seems to cover everyone to me.

Of course I did, and that would have been sufficient.

Top Bottom