Brady Hoke: "I think the Big East will go away and maybe the ACC."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Hoke hit on a variety of topics during his speech.

• On the so-called gentlemen’s agreement between Big Ten coaches about not recruiting players who have committed to other schools, he said: “No. 1, we have an actual signing day for a reason. That is, they can change their minds until they sign. This is competitive. This isn’t ... I’d like to say golf — don’t take offense. I’ve never heard of agreements or not agreements. Look, they’re 18 to 23 years old. They got a lot going on, more so now than when I was 18 to 23.”

• On the future of conference realignment:

“I think really in about three years you’ll see four super conferences, and I think the Big East will go away and maybe the ACC."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayt...ach-makes-trip-home-to-kettering-1383280.html

Go Gophers!!

My only thought is that there is more to conference affiliation than college football, I think it is presumptous of him to mention the ACC as a likely conference to go away, I think it is more likely that any playoff will include the ACC than that conference disappearing, the Big East has been on the ropes for years, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Top Bottom