BracketologyProject 50 - 52 of 56 Brackets Have Us In

I'd say those are pretty good odds.

It also has us as a likely 10 seed, which I'd prefer to the 8 or the 9.

I agree. :)

We're all the way from a 7 to a 13. If we go down the middle at a 10 we're good to go.

Have there ever been any teams for a BCS conference that received lower than a 12 seed? I don't ever recollect that happening...

IMO, the 12 seed is ideal. My ideal seeding would go something like: 12, 13, 11, 7, 10, 8, 9.

The idea being that as a 12 seed you play a 5 seed, then play the winner of a 4/13.
As a 13 seed you play a 4 seed, and play the winner of 5/12.
As an 11 seed, you play the 6 seed, and the winner of 3/14.
As a 7 seed, you play a 10 seed, and the winner of 2/15.
As a 10 seed, you play a 7 seed, and the winner of 2/15.
As an 8 seed, you play a 9 seed, and the winner of 1/16.
As a 9 seed, you play an 8 seed, and the winner of 1/16.

I would prefer to play 4 or 5 seeds if possible.

The thing is, our seed is likely already set, if we make the tournament. Bubble busters are going to knock out teams that would have been seeded lower than us, and the bubble busters will have seeds lower than us. The only thing that really shifts is how they pair everyone to make things fit their ideal geographical distribution.

Have there ever been any teams for a BCS conference that received lower than a 12 seed? I don't ever recollect that happening...

I'm pretty sure Georgia was a #14 last year after winning their conference tournament with a terrible record.

There's been a couple 13's. I think Oklahoma was once. As someone mentioned, just last year Georgia was a 14.

Changing. Now 51 of 55 have us in. I wonder how much of this is " real time " ? Other seeds changing as well.

There's been a couple 13's. I think Oklahoma was once. As someone mentioned, just last year Georgia was a 14.

Yes, but Georgia was a horrible team who got an auto bid for winning the SEC tourney. I don't think there's ever been an at-large team below a 12 seed. If there has, it's very rare.

53/56 brackets have us in.. 52/56 have Michigan in.. 51/56 have Wisconsin in.. 27/56 have Penn State in..

53 of 56 brackets have us in and two of the three that don't have not been updated since Monday.

If Tennessee wins today and we don't get in I would be shocked.

does anyone know if there will be a fan bus/hotel/ticket packages for students who want to go to wherever the gophs play in the first round??

Great

This is a great site.

Michigan in 53/56, Minnesota 52/56, Wisconsin 50/56, Penn State 23/56

The few brackets that have us out have Wisconsin in. The the heck? How do you make any case of WI over us? We swept them heads up, they have a worse RPI and they only won 19 games.

Top Bottom