Boys State Tournament What's Happenin'?

sunnyday2

Reaction score
I will be blogging from courtside at Target Center. Please stop by.

minnesotahoops.blogspot.com

How about the Hopkins vs. Woodbury game? Hopkins won by about ten in overtime.

My thoughts:
- Chambers can play. He'll definitely contribute at Harvard. He made more free throws than Woodbury combined.
- Dearing is alright, but no where close to worthy of a Gophers offer. I was more impressed by Suggs on Woodbury.
- Hopkins was missing one of their key players to suspension (DUI).
- Woodbury probably shot 50% from the charity stripe. I think they made four free throws during the entire game, and they missed their last eight in regulation.

I am also courtside from the Target Center.

-Woodbury missed three front ends of one-and-ones in the second half, as well as a 2-shot foul before that. Was 9/18 from the foul line for the game.

-Also, they had 1.5 seconds at the end of regulation to draw up something other than "chaos." Woodbury was probably sick to their stomach that they let that one get away. When you get the #1 team down, you've got to finish them off!

-Siyani Chambers was 22/24 from the stripe. 22 FTs is a new one-game tournament record. Previous record was 19, held by Cody Schilling (Ellsworth), Tom Nordland (Mpls Roosevelt), and Shaun Jensen (Spring Lake Park).

-Osseo is going to be a very interesting matchup for Hopkins. Without Stahl, does Hopkins have the bigs to get into a ground-and-pound halfcourt tussle with Osseo?

Lakeville North-Moorhead will get under way around 2:20 PM CDT.

- Dearing is alright, but no where close to worthy of a Gophers offer. I was more impressed by Suggs on Woodbury.
Riley Dearring doesn't play for Hopkins anymore?

He transferred to Minnetonka this past year? You must be thinking of someone else?

Someone forgot to tell Lakeville North that they have to play Moorhead in a quarterfinal before they get another crack at Eastview. Lakeville North trying to mash the Spuds, but the Fightin' Taters are having none of it. The Spuds lead 29-26 at the intermission.

Why are Hopkins and Woodbury playing at 10 o'clock in the morning? You gave the small schools a chance at a championship. It doesn't mean you have to give them prime television coverage.

Why are Hopkins and Woodbury playing at 10 o'clock in the morning? You gave the small schools a chance at a championship. It doesn't mean you have to give them prime television coverage.
Small schools are also playing at 10 o'clock, they just play in Williams and get no coverage.

-Woodbury missed three front ends of one-and-ones in the second half, as well as a 2-shot foul before that. Was 9/18 from the foul line for the game.

-Also, they had 1.5 seconds at the end of regulation to draw up something other than "chaos." Woodbury was probably sick to their stomach that they let that one get away. When you get the #1 team down, you've got to finish them off!

-Siyani Chambers was 22/24 from the stripe. 22 FTs is a new one-game tournament record. Previous record was 19, held by Cody Schilling (Ellsworth), Tom Nordland (Mpls Roosevelt), and Shaun Jensen (Spring Lake Park).

-Osseo is going to be a very interesting matchup for Hopkins. Without Stahl, does Hopkins have the bigs to get into a ground-and-pound halfcourt tussle with Osseo?

I missed part of the game. They were much worse than 50% when I was watching.

Yeah, Siyani was making everything. I was impressed. He's a good dribbler, passer, defender, and his jumper looks natural and smooth.

So who's playing in primetime?
Wow, Spring Break is really screwing up my dates. I thought today was Thursday, but I guess it's Wednesday? Class A didn't play today, all the others did at the 2 different arenas (Class A only plays in Williams til the Championship I believe, and doesn't get a day off between any of the rounds).

Riley Dearring doesn't play for Hopkins anymore?

He transferred to Minnetonka this past year? You must be thinking of someone else?

I didn't know that. How's he doing at Minnetonka?

Anyway, I kept on listening for Dearing, so I probably mistaked Davis or Stribling for Dearing.

Having seen all 4 AAAA quarter-finals:

1. Hopkins can be beat. It's just that the one chance to do so this year was today. It ain't gonna happen again.

2. If EP plays like it did today, it beats Lakeville North.

I don't think any quarter-final games from any class are televised.

keep posting about mn tourney!

I moved to Colorado and I really miss the MN State BBall tourney. So any and all opinions about the games are appreciated!

Some good prospects in this Delasalle/Grand Rapids game with Jarvis Johnson, Reid Travis, and Alex Illikanen

I am watching that one. Illikanen is way more athletic and skilled than any 6'8" freshmen in my memory. I wonder if this is what Cody Zeller looked like as a freshmen?

When I was watching Illikanen the 1st comparison I thought of was the Zellers, obviously he isn't close to playing at their level yet, but his athleticism and the way he runs the floor so well just made me think of them.

DeLasale was too strong for GR today. Gr needs to hit the weights. JJ impressive for a freshmen also. Reid is tough inside for a sophmore. Some high major division 1 prospects for sure.

Wow. Crazy game here. Bank shot buzzer beater by Hopkins from three to send it to 3 OTs.

Having seen all 4 AAAA quarter-finals:

1. Hopkins can be beat. It's just that the one chance to do so this year was today. It ain't gonna happen again.

2. If EP plays like it did today, it beats Lakeville North.

Any other wrong predictions?

Any other wrong predictions?

Plenty of them, though I did say that Litchfield would win and the score would be in the 30s. How about these:

BBE by 7
PEM by 4
DLS by 6
Osseo by 5

I hope I am right about no blowouts.

Top Bottom