Bottom 10: The Big 12 joins the party

Iceland12

Reaction score
1. Virginiugh (0-2)

Back in July I asked new coach Bronco Mendenhall what had been the biggest adjustment he'd made since moving from Provo, Utah, to Charlottesville, Virginia. At the time I thought the "humidity." I need to go back re-listen to the interview. Maybe he said "humility."

2. North by Northwestern (0-2)

For the second consecutive week, we were torn over where to rank the Wildcats in relation to other similarly disappointing teams. So again I took it to Twitter via the second-ever Bottom 10 Poll of the People. Northwestern couldn't win that, either.

3. I-ow!-a State (0-2)

The Cy-Hawk Trophy shall reside in Iowa City for the next year, as the Hawkeyes routed the Cyclones 42-3. In related news, I met two drunken tailgating Virginia Tech fans named Cy and Hawk on Saturday afternoon in the Battle at Bristol parking lot. As I'd made the walk to my vehicle that night, I saw that Cy was still in the same chair he was sitting in before the game, passed out sunburned. A note was pinned to his tank top by local police saying that Hawk had been arrested for ticket scalping. And yet they both still had better a day than Iowa State.

4. Warshington State (0-2)

As this week's rankings started stacking up, we recognized a pattern. Power 5 schools populated the top four positions of the Bottom 10. I sent an email to ESPN Stats & Info to see they might know the last time that happened. The response read: "AUTO REPLY ... AGAIN. Please stop sending us questions. We are busy. We are always busy. We are always going to be busy. Why can't you take a hint?" Then I called my ex-girlfriend to let her know that someone in ESPN Stats & Info had hacked her email account.

5. The Big 12

While we were all so busy screaming about the SEC's impending implosion, the poor Big 12 was driving itself into the Trinity River like a burrito food truck with no brakes. During Week 2, the conference went 0-2 against the MAC (Kansas, Oklahoma State) and is already down to only three undefeated teams (Texas, Baylor, West Virginia). It's all been so shocking that on Saturday, Big 12 replay officials in Stillwater spilled salsa all over their video equipment.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...091316/bottom-10-welcoming-big-12-poor-week-2

Top Bottom