Both Iowa & Wisconsin can be 3-3 after 3:30 PM tomorrow

I'm still not a Rutgers believer. I have Wisconsin +1.5 but see it's down to +1.0 now.

Washington has never faced that stinking shithole in Kinnick. Iowa holds serve there too.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm still not a Rutgers believer. I have Wisconsin +1.5 but see it's down to +1.0 now.

Washington has never faced that stinking shithole in Kinnick. Iowa holds serve there too.

I hope I'm wrong.
Washington is also a really average team.
Average teams have a tough time winning in kinnick, although the 2023 gophers did

I know it’s almost always a quarterback, but if I had a vote for the Heisman I hate to say it, but I would go for number two with Iowa. He’s really good.

I know it’s almost always a quarterback, but if I had a vote for the Heisman I hate to say it, but I would go for number two with Iowa. He’s really good.
He's not Voldemort, he can be named. I'd even bet you could say his name three times and nothing bad would happen

Well, Iowa is good. Not video game good, but real, flesh and blood B1G football good. They block and tackle, run the ball really, really well, play great defense and don't beat themselves. In other words: a typical Ferentz / Hawkeye squad. Their remaining schedule is pretty favorable, too. They might still make some noise this season.

Wisconsin seems to be playing a bit better as well. They still have to play upcoming games vs. Penn State, at Iowa, Oregon, at Nebraska, and Minnesota. And I'm anxious to see how the Air Raid performs as the weather gets cold and blustery.

Two different styles, these two teams.

Well, Iowa is good. Not video game good, but real, flesh and blood B1G football good. They block and tackle, run the ball really, really well, play great defense and don't beat themselves. In other words: a typical Ferentz / Hawkeye squad. Their remaining schedule is pretty favorable, too. They might still make some noise this season.

Wisconsin seems to be playing a bit better as well. They still have to play upcoming games vs. Penn State, at Iowa, Oregon, at Nebraska, and Minnesota. And I'm anxious to see how the Air Raid performs as the weather gets cold and blustery.

Two different styles, these two teams.
Check out WI's running game against Rutgers. Watch the highlights; review the box score. Tawee Walker (transfer from Miss St?) is Mo Ibrahim--5-8, 215--except with breakaway speed. Probably why Melluzi left the team. The way we've played against the run so far this year, I don't think WI will go air raid against us ... until we've cheated up to try to stop the run.

Our best chances going forward are against Maryland and Rutgers. Maryland has a great passing game, a poor running game, and a poor defense. Rutgers has an OK defense, a great running back and an increasingly shaky QB (37.5 % completion rate against Badgers this week).

Illinois has a good, deservedly-ranked team, but one we should be able to stick with--except for the Curse of Bert that we seem so susceptible to. Penn State is a loss unless it self-immolates against us. That leaves Wisconsin for a 3rd potential win. Go Gophers!

I'm feeling pretty good about wining 3 of the last 5. When this team is at their best, I think pretty much all of the games that are left are winnable. I'll be disappointed if we only manage 2 more wins...I'm thinking at least 7-5 with a greater than 50% chance to go 8-4 and a non-zero chance to go 9-3.

Top Bottom