Bostick's turnover was one for the ages

Pathetic and lazy. Stare at the ball more Bostick...

When they put together the video detailing the Gophers 2010 run to the NIT final 8, that play, along with the Colton Iverson offensive goal tending in OT at Bloomington should be front and center. What an absolute joke. I'd bench Bostick for the rest of the season after that mess.

Expectations - Bostick = Grier

Bostick has been a HUGE disappointment and this is coming from a guy who grew up in the same city as him. I expected Vincent Grier type scoring from him since he arrived. All we got was laziness, chiefing, and a great bench cheerleader. Muy mal!!!!!!

That is exactly why he hasn't sniffed the court. Not the guy Tubby thought he was going to be.

Pathetic and lazy. Stare at the ball more Bostick...

It was comical for sure. But, Westbrook is the turnover champion of the world. When will he see that all that fancy, between the legs, crossovering is loosing the ball. He just is not a reliable ball handler.

So true. Westbrook's hissy fit on the court when getting taken out for having three fouls was also one for the ages. That kind of behavior was pretty telling as far as where this team is at right now.

Atrocious game.

I never want to see bostick on the floor again. Ever. He has been lazy for two consecutive years now.

I'd rather see Bostick than Westbrook. Westbrook averaged 40 pts a game as a junior in High School and now he is lucky to get into double digits.

I'd rather see Bostick than Westbrook. Westbrook averaged 40 pts a game as a junior in High School and now he is lucky to get into double digits.

Hell nah...At least Westbrook is willing to bust his tail out there and actually can make a shot...

Hell nah...At least Westbrook is willing to bust his tail out there and actually can make a shot...

He can't make a shot when he is turning the ball over worse than bostick and doing that double pump crap and missing easy layups

He had so much confidence in the last few games of last year. Where did it go? When he drives to the hoop he can score, but this year all he does is airball shots, play scared, and play bad D. I don't know what happened to him.

He had so much confidence in the last few games of last year. Where did it go? When he drives to the hoop he can score, but this year all he does is airball shots, play scared, and play bad D. I don't know what happened to him.

Anyone that says Bostick doesn't have D1 talent is nuts. He has it. Unfortunately it is extremely apparent that he has checked out. He lost his confidence and his desire quite a while ago - it's not hard to see. I have no idea why Tubby plays him at all - he obviously has zero faith in him as a player.

Anyone that says Bostick doesn't have D1 talent is nuts. He has it. Unfortunately it is extremely apparent that he has checked out. He lost his confidence and his desire quite a while ago - it's not hard to see. I have no idea why Tubby plays him at all - he obviously has zero faith in him as a player.

you could say his abilities went up in smoke

In what way does he have D1 talent?

In what way does he have D1 talent?

If you didn't see him play in summer ball before last year I can understand your thinking. I saw him a few times and talked to a lot of others who did as well. Anyone I spoke to thought he had the most talent of anybody on the team. I know, I know it's summer ball, they don't play defense and so on. But you can see talent there and he has it. He was scoring 25 -30 a night from all over the floor with ease and playing with a big smile on his face. Guys were looking to him and he controlled the games.

Tubby hated his defense even before the season started and he started Bostick out as 11th man right away last year to teach him a lesson- you could see what was happening. Bostick got the quick pull every time he made an error (heaven knows nobody else on this team ever blows and assignment) and he appeared to gradually lose confidence. I think Tubby would have been a LOT better served by leveraging off of the kid's strength and natural charisma and working with his defense over time. However, Tubby clearly is a stubborn dude who appears to believe that offense is an expendable after thought.

If you didn't see him play in summer ball before last year I can understand your thinking. I saw him a few times and talked to a lot of others who did as well. Anyone I spoke to thought he had the most talent of anybody on the team. I know, I know it's summer ball, they don't play defense and so on. But you can see talent there and he has it. He was scoring 25 -30 a night from all over the floor with ease and playing with a big smile on his face. Guys were looking to him and he controlled the games.

Tubby hated his defense even before the season started and he started Bostick out as 11th man right away last year to teach him a lesson- you could see what was happening. Bostick got the quick pull every time he made an error (heaven knows nobody else on this team ever blows and assignment) and he appeared to gradually lose confidence. I think Tubby would have been a LOT better served by leveraging off of the kid's strength and natural charisma and working with his defense over time. However, Tubby clearly is a stubborn dude who appears to believe that offense is an expendable after thought.

Tough not to put a lot of the blame on Tubby for this season's collapse, but I just don't see how Bostick ever was going to be more than a guy at the very end of the bench. Bostick could see major minutes at SCSU but not with a Big Ten team imo.

I agree with your take on Tubby overall... just not with Bostick.

Absolutely spot on. Bostick is a great talent, with 0 confidence. Frankly, I hold Tubby responsible. Its up to a coach to get the most out of his players - he has bad bungled Bostick.

And I take it a step further - word is getting around that if you are a "offensively focused" type player, MN is NOT the place for you. Don't think that is not a HUGE consideration for Cory Joseph.

We sent Busch packing and this clown gets to keep his scholarship?

Monson recruit vs. Tubby's own... Hit the road cracka'

Fair enough. I didn't start watching Howard Pulley til last summer but I remember reading that he appeared to be the best player the year before. I've just never really seen anything out of him outside of the Wisconsin game last year and probably a few others. He's just always looked out of place out there to me. His shot is pretty ugly and he can't really dribble either.

Absolutely spot on. Bostick is a great talent, with 0 confidence. Frankly, I hold Tubby responsible. Its up to a coach to get the most out of his players - he has bad bungled Bostick.

And I take it a step further - word is getting around that if you are a "offensively focused" type player, MN is NOT the place for you. Don't think that is not a HUGE consideration for Cory Joseph.

My concern exactly.

Fair enough. I didn't start watching Howard Pulley til last summer but I remember reading that he appeared to be the best player the year before. I've just never really seen anything out of him outside of the Wisconsin game last year and probably a few others. He's just always looked out of place out there to me. His shot is pretty ugly and he can't really dribble either.

I can't argue with what you are seeing NOW. No question about it- he looks terrible now. What happened? I have no idea. I only know that what I and others saw before and what we all see now are two totally different players.

I can't argue with what you are seeing NOW. No question about it- he looks terrible now. What happened? I have no idea. I only know that what I and others saw before and what we all see now are two totally different players.

I honestly don't know what you guys are seeing? DB has sucked all year this year and played one good half last year. No personal offense to him; I'm sure he's a fine young man. However, if he had all this basketball talent you guys seem to think he has, you'd think he would have shown some sign of it 50+ games into his career for more than 12 minutes in one game last year at Wisconsin.

If we had RW and TM, DB would never touch the floor.

Bostick is a D1 talent. See his performance in Madison last year. He just doesn't have the confidence now or the effort.

We sent Busch packing and this clown gets to keep his scholarship?

Monson recruit vs. Tubby's own... Hit the road cracka'

Busch wasn't recruited by anybody. He walked onto the team and it was Tubby that allowed him to have an open scholarship for a year.

Busch wasn't recruited by anybody. He walked onto the team and it was Tubby that allowed him to have an open scholarship for a year.

Your right Plinnius... I should have said Monson/Mo leftover vs. Tubby's own recruit...

I wish Tubby could have sent 'Blaze' packing instead of Busch. He wouldn't have won us any games, but he would have given us a stronger 8 mins off the bench then what we are getting from DeBo.

Top Bottom