Bostick

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever read this comment - even though I've thought of it many times. After tonight's performance it came to the top of my head again.

Who could have possibly voted Devron Bostick as National Junior College Player of the Year? I want names. Admissions from those who did. Reasons why.

Hopefully I am not understanding the full extent of the award. Maybe it's not that big of a deal. I hope. At least for the people who voted for him.

Well, we have a Hall of Fame coach that recruited him, that should tell you something. Personally, I think he has a ton of ability. He simply has no confidence and doesn't appear to fit here in this system. I would be willing to bet that he would start looking pretty good if he was playing 25 minutes a game somewhere.

JUCO ball is a joke. It's like the Pulley league. No defense or discipline.

JUCO ball is a joke. It's like the Pulley league. No defense or discipline.

"No defense" is exactly why he could have won the award. Not much defense played against him and he did not have to play defense either. Focusing all of his effort on offense and being able to play 30-35 minutes per game

I have been to just about every home game since 2006 and I have to say that Bostic has air balled more shots then any gopher since then, but he did play good in games at the end of last year and against Texas, so maybe he can help us win some big games down the stretch.

I think he's the type of guy that needs to have a ton of confidence to play well. I'm guessing in JUCO he has the green light to shoot whenever and could fill it up like that. I think he's not athletic enough to get his shot off easily on this level so when he does get a look he rushes

Hopefully I am not understanding the full extent of the award. Maybe it's not that big of a deal. I hope. At least for the people who voted for him.

The award is not an indicator of NCAA success. It's a measure of who is the best player in junior college.

As Art indicated, there is very little defense in JUCO ball, and it's a different game.

Are you going to start bashing people for voting for Heisman players who don't go on to illustrious NFL careers?

If you look at past JUCO Players of the Year, their success in major college basketball is varied.

Top Bottom