Boise State's recruitng class ranked.....

Yea, I was noticing earlier today that Boise State has no four (or five) stars in this class. In fact only one four star in the last few years.

Coaching>Recruiting

Just goes to show the importance of coaching over recruiting.

Sure, if you have NC aspirations then you need coaching and recruiting, see Alabama and LSU or any of the other NC contenders. Is this really the goal here? I mean shooting for the stars is great but solid recruits and great coaching will likely bring Gopher fans the class of football team we long for.

Just goes to show the importance of coaching over recruiting.

Sure, if you have NC aspirations then you need coaching and recruiting, see Alabama and LSU or any of the other NC contenders. Is this really the goal here? I mean shooting for the stars is great but solid recruits and great coaching will likely bring Gopher fans the class of football team we long for.

It better be the goal because we are competing against teams in our own conference that have that goal. You are right in saying coaching trumps recruiting but at the same time if you are a great coach and you are given a higher class of athlete to work with chances are the results are going to be something special.

We will see how it all plays out in time with this staff and these recruits but on paper this feels to me like a class that will help push us towards the middle of the pack. And I for one would like to see us get beyond that level at some point in the fairly near future.

if you have NC aspirations you can't be boise state....

It better be the goal because we are competing against teams in our own conference that have that goal. You are right in saying coaching trumps recruiting but at the same time if you are a great coach and you are given a higher class of athlete to work with chances are the results are going to be something special.

We will see how it all plays out in time with this staff and these recruits but on paper this feels to me like a class that will help push us towards the middle of the pack. And I for one would like to see us get beyond that level at some point in the fairly near future.

Well, it's a matter of degrees...
Can't conquer Rome in a day and all...
Climbing the ladder one rung at a time.

So we're comparing the classes of schools located in Boise, Idaho and Pullman, Washington to the class that was signed to play in a top 15 media market in Minneapolis, Minnesota...and feelling good about it?

So we're comparing the classes of schools located in Boise, Idaho and Pullman, Washington to the class that was signed to play in a top 15 media market in Minneapolis, Minnesota...and feelling good about it?

+2005

if you have NC aspirations you can't be boise state....

With their move to a crappy BCS conference where Boise could definitely run the table, their national title chances are much better than even a season ago.

If we have a better class than the school in Eugene Oregon can we feel good about that? How about that school in...Tuscaloosa Alabama? These 2 places are not top 15 media markets.

Media market doesn't mean *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# in college football and you know it.

Media market doesn't mean *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# in college football and you know it.

This. In fact, in many ways, it's probably a hindrance.
But that's been discussed many times...

Top Bottom