Boise State looked good. Indiana... not so much

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
I watched the Indiana game and all I could keep thinking about is I wish the Gophers played them this year. Their defense of the rock looks like it will be a bit like France's defense of Paris during WWII.

And to keep the new stadium in perspective... I was watching Sports Center this morning while I was getting ready for work and Indiana's beautiful new addition to their stadium didn't exactly serve as the lead story. The Boise State vs Oregon game certainly deserved top billing but after at least 20 minutes I hadn't seen any video shots of the new Indiana stadium addition or highlights from their game. There was a story on who has the best chance to beat Florida this year. After that I may have missed it as I stepped into the shower, but the point is from an ESPN perspective... they didn't care. So, just a fair warning that on September 12 on a full slate of college football and the Gopher game being played at pretty much the same time as USC vs tOSU... don't expect a ton of national exposure for our lads or their new digs. ESPN will need to reserve plenty of time to show footage of Tim Tebow helping kids in Cameroon.

Also, anyone from Minnesota pointing out empty seats at another stadium brings up images of a pot calling a kettle black, or leaving one's glass house to toss a few stones. With that being said... I think Indiana's Stadium addition really improves their facility but the Indiana fans must not agree because the empty seats looked pretty ugly on the big grand opening of their stadium makeover.

The stadium in Bloomington was almost full after kick-off, but then was less than half full by mid-3rd quarter. Where have I seen that before?

I too watched a lot of that game, and IU was awful. If they win another game I would be surprised.

Indiana had a chance to lose on a hail-mary play last night. They will be missing Lewis all season.

New football stadium but same-old sorry product on the field.

ESPN's

ESPN's contract to cover SEC football should ensure that 90% of their college football coverage will promote the SEC.
Much like since they started broadcasting soccer, highlights of Liverpool vs Glasgow keep finding their way onto Sportscenter.

ESPN's contract to cover SEC football should ensure that 90% of their college football coverage will promote the SEC.
Much like since they started broadcasting soccer, highlights of Liverpool vs Glasgow keep finding their way onto Sportscenter.

I would be shocked if ESPN even mentions Minnesota/Air Force until the game is over. The last thing they want is for viewers to realize that they can watch games on the BTN. I do think the BTN screwed itself over (as usual) by splitting coverage with another game. The U needed to establish a kick-off time early rather than see what time slot they ended up with. Otherwise, this game would likely have been picked up by ESPN and broadcast nationally. Meanwhile, the BTN splits coverage. Brilliant.

I might be the only person in the world but I can't stand Tim Tebow. He is just too perfect. It is so annoy.

Also what does ESPN have to gain by promoting the Big 10. It just promotes the Big 10 Network which really isn't a threat to them anyways. Besides Big 10 bashing is one of ESPN favorite past times (along with meaningless NFL talk-really I don't care who should be the 3rd and who should be the 4th string right tackle for the Browns) and the worst at it is Digger Phelps. He is just terrible and never adds anything smart to the topic at hand.

Recently I've gotten more and more dissapointed with Sports Center. I don't think it's crazy to expect the highlights from every MLB game every night. Most days I just see highlights from the major media markets.

More recently I've gotten more and more dissapointed with Sports Center. I don't think it's crazy to expect the highlights from every MLB game every night. Most days I just see highlights from the major media markets.[/QUOTE]

That's why they created the MLB Network, my friend! Baseball coverage without all the ESPN talking heads arguing back and forth!

ESPN is to sports what Top 40 radio stations are to music...

I might be the only person in the world but I can't stand Tim Tebow. He is just to perfect. Its to annoy.

Also what does ESPN have to gain by promoting the Big 10. It just promotes the competion which really isn't competion in the Big 10 Network. Besides Big 10 bashing is the thing to do today on ESPN and the worst is Digger Phelps. He is just terrible. Never adds anything to add.

More recently I've gotten more and more dissapointed with Sports Center. I don't think it's crazy to expect the highlights from every MLB game every night. Most days I just see highlights from the major media markets.

Holy cow. I'm not asking for perfect grammar and spelling on a message board, but we should at least be able to read a post without getting a headache.

Were you inebriated when typing this post? Or just randomly punching keys? I've never seen this from you before, so I'm surprised.

More recently I've gotten more and more dissapointed with Sports Center. I don't think it's crazy to expect the highlights from every MLB game every night. Most days I just see highlights from the major media markets.

That's why they created the MLB Network, my friend! Baseball coverage without all the ESPN talking heads arguing back and forth![/QUOTE]

Ya we don't get MLB Network here at my place at Purdue. So that sucks but what are you going to do.

Top Bottom