Blue Earth Lineman Sam Lee Makes College Choice

Chris Monter

Reaction score
i spoke to Sam Lee, a 6-foot-5, 300-pound lineman from Blue Earth (Minn,) High and he told me that he will play with his two brothers at Augustana. He picked the Vikings over SDSU and a walk-on opportunity at Minnesota. Lee played with Gopher commit Jonah Pirsig.

Chris Monter

Good luck Sam.

He must be getting a pretty nice financial aid package, because Augustana (like most private colleges) is a on the pricey side.

Damn...was really hoping he would walk on here.

Best of luck Sam.

Not a suprise. If the Gophers wanted him, they needed to offer him. A full ride is tough to pass up.

Not a suprise. If the Gophers wanted him, they needed to offer him. A full ride is tough to pass up.

Do NSIC schools offer full-rides?

I agree with the basic statement. College is very expensive.

Unfortunate choice. Not so much that he chose a scholarship over a walk-on offer- the financials of that are understandable. The unfortunate part is that he chose to play D-II small college football at Augie over playing FCS football in a very strong conference at SDSU.

Usually when comparing two scholarship offers, recruits will choose to play at the higher level. I can't call it unfortunate, because it's his choice, I can only presume that he weighed the pluses and minuses of each. Perhaps he felt he would play more at Augustana, or perhaps he preferred Augustana as a school, and that outweighed playing at a higher level.

He also gets the opportunity to play with his two brothers. I didn't realize he had two brothers who play at Augie, but perhaps his dream is to play college football with his brothers.

Top Bottom