Blog, photos from today's scrimmage - GopherSports.com

No Surpirse The D Outshined The O

Childress' presence alone can suck the life and potency out of any offense, it would appear.

I hope Fisch cozies up closer to Billick.

Good to see the pix, and read the blog, however. Thanks for linking.

Childress' presence alone can suck the life and potency out of any offense, it would appear.

I hope Fisch cozies up closer to Billick.

Good to see the pix, and read the blog, however. Thanks for linking.

Who was the coach when the NFL record for most rushing yards by one player in a game was broken?
Couldn't of been to bad of an offense that day.

not bad

to have the coaching company Brew keeps'

Who was the coach when the NFL record for most rushing yards by one player in a game was broken?
Couldn't of been to bad of an offense that day.

Listen, I've followed the Vikes since I was a little boy (had I time, I could share my Purple perspective-shaping story of personal anguish over Super Bowl IV). But that 40+ years of grueling experiences has made MY skin thicker - not thinner.

You pick your game - I'll pick mine. How'd like that 2nd 1/2 against the Eagles last January . . . at home . . . in a playoff game . . . with the greatest running back in the NFL?

7 possessions (punted away on the 1st 5), 98 total yards . . . ZERO points. :rolleyes:

As this is a Gopher Board - I'm hopeful that the one coach that will have the most influence on improving our fortunes - was conspicuous by his absence . . . Dunbar. That said, I'm a firm believer in the old adage of "Be careful what you wish for . . . you may get it." I'm liking the athletes we're getting on the O-side - let's hope we can coach them up to be a very formidable threat. Like the Vikings used to be. :)

"Running backs DeLeon Eskridge and Shady Salamon each recorded a few carries. But the rushing workhorse of the scrimmage was Kevin Whaley, who tallied double-digit totes of the pigskin."

Love it, can't wait to see what Whaley brings to the table, I have a feeling he will contribute a lot this coming year.

Listen, I've followed the Vikes since I was a little boy (had I time, I could share my Purple perspective-shaping story of personal anguish over Super Bowl IV). But that 40+ years of grueling experiences has made MY skin thicker - not thinner.

You pick your game - I'll pick mine. How'd like that 2nd 1/2 against the Eagles last January . . . at home . . . in a playoff game . . . with the greatest running back in the NFL?

7 possessions (punted away on the 1st 5), 98 total yards . . . ZERO points. :rolleyes:

As this is a Gopher Board - I'm hopeful that the one coach that will have the most influence on improving our fortunes - was conspicuous by his absence . . . Dunbar. That said, I'm a firm believer in the old adage of "Be careful what you wish for . . . you may get it." I'm liking the athletes we're getting on the O-side - let's hope we can coach them up to be a very formidable threat. Like the Vikings used to be. :)

So when the Steelers shut us down in the Super-Bowl were you taking shots at Bud?

I'll stipulate that Bud Grant IS open to robust criticism for scoring a total of 34!!!! points in FOUR Super Bowls.

That said, once "Chilly" has actually won A post-season game, versus the 10 that Harry P. won, and goes to those four Super Bowls in the process, we can invoke both coaches' names in the same discussion without snickering.

In a twist on a famous exchange:

"Coach, I've met Bud Grant. I know Bud Grant. Bud Grant is a friend of mine. Coach Childress, you're no Bud Grant."

QuayleBentsen.jpg

That rushing record had much more to do with Adrian Peterson than Brad Childress. Childress only still has a job because AP has saved his ass. Enough Purple talk though.

Those photos have got me excited for the season. We are a sleeper this year big time, I love it.

how any person alive can watch gopher football and then come back and knock anything about viking football makes me laugh hysterically

we are talking gopher football here people..............we have been bottom of the barrel for 40 straight years

oh and philly was just better than us

how any person alive can watch gopher football and then come back and knock anything about viking football makes me laugh hysterically

we are talking gopher football here people..............we have been bottom of the barrel for 40 straight years

oh and philly was just better than us

Back before the Vikings moved indoors, when they used to have post-season success, the fans were the toughest in the NFL. Apparently, the die-hards have become just as soft as the franchise.

In a league where you are rewarded for being bad by getting first dibs on the best players (assuming you don't trade 3 drafts away for one player) and get to play an easier schedule, it is incredible, and an almost statistical impossibility that the Purple haven't been to the Super Bowl in 32 years. Now that - is worthy of hysterical laughter - were it not so sad.

The Viking apologists here start to sound like Packer Psychos, for cryin' out loud, who believe Moses carried an 11th commandment: "Thou Shalt Not Speak Ill About Thy Team". Here's an old poem that came to mind - one I used to read and recite from my "Childcraft" books when I was 3 or 4 years old (a looong time ago) and which is appropriate and fitting. Explains why the sky is different color in some folks' world, I suppose . . .

GRANDPA DROPPED HIS GLSSSES

Grandpa dropped his glasses once
In a pot of dye,
And when he put them on again
He saw a purple sky.
Purple fires were rising up
From a purple hill,
Men were grinding purple cider
At a purple mill.
Purple Adeline was playing
With a purple doll;
Little purple dragon flies
were crawling up the wall.
And at the supper-table
He got crazy as a loon
From eating purple apple dumplings
With a purple spoon.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it is incredible, and an almost statistical impossibility that the Purple haven't been to the Super Bowl in 32 years. Now that - is worthy of hysterical laughter - were it not so sad.

This is true. However, it is far more statistically improbable that the Gophers haven't won the Big Ten in 42 years.

Top Bottom