Bleedgopher any Kansas job info

ajokeright

Reaction score
Bleed - since you have the ties to KU have you heard any "interesting" names that have made their name available for consideration?

I hope no one picks up Randy Edsall from UConn. If Brewster is dismissed after next season, this is the top guy on my list. Having said that, I'm really hoping the Gophers turn it around next year and the Brewster era takes off.

Edsall's name is already being mentioned for Kansas job. He has connection to AD Lew Perkins.

According to www.footballrumormill.com they are looking at:

Jim Harbaugh from Stanford
Kevin Sumlin from Houston
Skip Holtz from East Carolina
Larry Fedora from Southern Mississippi
Randy Edsall from UConn

Edsall appears to be the one that Perkins has his eye on as they have the UCONN ties. I have also heard that Nolan Cromwell, the OC at Texas A&M is a possibility...he's a KU alum.

A lot of boosters want Turner Gill.

No way Harbaugh would be interested...it's a lateral move at best.

A lot of people inside the KU athletic department breathed a sigh of relief when Mangino was fired.

Go Gophers!!

Why would Edsall leave UCONN? It's a better job than Minnesota and Kansas already.

Is there any chance they would consider Mason? He was successful there, there's no doubt about that. I don't know how amicable his parting was considering he flirted with UGa the year before he left for MN?

Not to compare his tenure to Bill Snyder's first go at K-State, but bringing back the old coach worked well for them.

Is there any chance they would consider Mason? He was successful there, there's no doubt about that. I don't know how amicable his parting was considering he flirted with UGa the year before he left for MN?

Not to compare his tenure to Bill Snyder's first go at K-State, but bringing back the old coach worked well for them.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=5238809

apparently they don't think much better about him than we do:

My one encounter with Mason at an alumni event lends me to believe he does not think much of alumni and fans in general. The phrase "giant prick" comes to mind when I think of Glen Mason. No thanks. We can do much better.

As per Mason, about the same sentiment as in here. Only difference is that Mangino had a couple of really good seasons in recent memory. As everyone here knows, I'm no Mason fan (for many of the same reasons as cited by Kansas fans), but I think the fact that Mason hasn't been in Kansas for more than a decade unfairly downplays his accomplishments while there.

No chance. UCONN is a pretty crappy job.

Why is it a bad job? They are in a BCS conference with a new facility, and they have a better chance of winning conference titles consistently after being a program for 7 years than the Gophers or Kansas. I would say uconn is at least an equal job to Minnesota or Kansas. The only thing uconn lacks is history, but because of that Edsall can be the history of that program if he sticks around and keeps winning.

Why would Edsall leave UCONN? It's a better job than Minnesota and Kansas already.

Coaching Salaries:
UConn - $325k
Kansas - $530k
Minnesota - $600k

Conferences:
C'mon the Big East is no where near the league if the Big Ten/12.

The bigger question is why would he stay if offered either job?

Why is it a bad job? They are in a BCS conference with a new facility, and they have a better chance of winning conference titles consistently after being a program for 7 years than the Gophers or Kansas. I would say uconn is at least an equal job to Minnesota or Kansas. The only thing uconn lacks is history, but because of that Edsall can be the history of that program if he sticks around and keeps winning.

While UConn has had more success lately, it certainly isn't a better job than Minnesota. Minnesota has a larger population, more resources, and more history.

Edsall might stay at Connecticut until he feels he's ready to make a jump that would leap frog the "middle" teams in the Big 10 and Big 12. If that's not the case, he'd probably leave in a heartbeat.

No way is UCONN a better job than Minnesota or Kansas.

Why's everybody in love with Randy Edsall? He's had one winning conference record in the weak Big East.

Top Bottom