Blake missed every shot

Guru,
Chad Calcaterra is a bust? He's 17, has a full-ride D-1 basketball scholarship and hasn't played his senior year of high school yet. What exactly were you doing at that age?

I still think that moving the 3 point line back a little bit is part of his problem.

He's a heady player and he probably wins all the HORSE contests against his teammates. However, against athletic competition he's a streak shooter with defensive liabilities. So far this year he's 9 for 31 on all shots. Again, I like the kid and he will help us win certain games. However, at this point in the season I'd rather be spending a lot of his minutes developing someone like Williams.

This team can still be really, really good but we have very real shooting issues at most of the positions. You watch these guys in warmups before the game. Normally college players just drain shot after shot in warm ups. Not these guys. Three guys that may help:Cobbs looks like he can shoot, Bostick and perhaps even Bryant Allen (shot 53% on threes last year).

I agree with this. Hoff is probably a good guy who belongs at a mid-tier conference. He can't play defense, and those that say he's improved truly don't understand that he needed a ton of work. He's never going to be even close to par defensively. His offense is strictly that of a one- dimensional shooter and Tubby doesn't care enough to set screens for him to get an open shot. I think many here like Hoff because he is a Native Minnesotan and his success he had at a different level. I could handle him as well if he made his shots, but when you have to watch this guy play defense and not contribute in any other way, I get more enjoyment watching my 80-year old neighbor cut his grass.

Guru,
Chad Calcaterra is a bust? He's 17, has a full-ride D-1 basketball scholarship and hasn't played his senior year of high school yet. What exactly were you doing at that age?

I guess posting here means that your sanity and your high school basketball skill level are called into question and considered clever rejoinders:confused::) I hope Calcaterra does well at CSU, as for Tubby, he quickly came to the conclusion that offering CC was premature and that he wasn't going to be the right fit at the U (i.e. "a bust"). CPG, you ignored the actual point of the original comment, about keeping the local faithful happy by keeping the "best" MN kids home and somehow you drifted into Sensitivity Training 101.

Top Bottom