Blaise Andries and senior linebacker Jack Gibbens were named first-team Academic All-America selection

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
From the Strib -

• Gophers senior offensive tackle Blaise Andries and senior linebacker Jack Gibbens were named first-team Academic All-America selections by the College Sports Information Directors of America. The award recognizes players for their performances on the field and in the classroom. Andries is a repeat selection from last year on the first team and was named second team in 2019. Gibbens also earned first-team honors at Abilene Christian last year.
While we may not have boatloads of NIL cash to "sell", this works for the players/families who fit Fleck's culture - I'll take this over Cutty Sark and the Longhorns NIL any day of the week - and yes, we'll mop the floor with them on the field as well.

From the Strib -

• Gophers senior offensive tackle Blaise Andries and senior linebacker Jack Gibbens were named first-team Academic All-America selections by the College Sports Information Directors of America. The award recognizes players for their performances on the field and in the classroom. Andries is a repeat selection from last year on the first team and was named second team in 2019. Gibbens also earned first-team honors at Abilene Christian last year.
While we may not have boatloads of NIL cash to "sell", this works for the players/families who fit Fleck's culture - I'll take this over Cutty Sark and the Longhorns NIL any day of the week - and yes, we'll mop the floor with them on the field as well.
I agree 100%. If we can bring in good athletes with good character the sky is the limit for this program.

Andries was just interviewed by Grim on the radio. Sounds like he will be playing in the bowl game and it will be his last in a Gophers uniform. I'm at work but, I'm pretty sure it was Andries he was talking with.

Andries was just interviewed by Grim on the radio. Sounds like he will be playing in the bowl game and it will be his last in a Gophers uniform. I'm at work but, I'm pretty sure it was Andries he was talking with.
Love that he's playing and am really curious to see where he goes in the draft and with that kind of brain power and drive he'll enjoy a great post-playing career as well.

nm

Last edited:

He has his degree in actuarial science. IF he does not want to play pro football, he could have a very lucrative career as an actuary.

He has his degree in actuarial science. IF he does not want to play pro football, he could have a very lucrative career as an actuary.
Henceforth known as The Undertaker

Top Bottom