Black lives matter

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Agree.

I also don't think it is bad to have two parents, by any means. And it may indeed improve the child's chances.

I just don't think there should be any kind of judgement, scorn, "look down upon", or what have you for kids in non-nuclear families. They have the same potential to be every bit as successful, in my opinion.
I would argue in that last sentence that they do not. Yes kids can be born into terrible families with two parents.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
This is only what you want to believe. Evidence has disproven this.

The official group is a Marxist group. That cannot be argued. It is all there to see (or it was before they erased much of it because it is insane garbage).

The movement has little to nothing do with Marxism because most people had no idea what they were latching onto.

howeda7

Reaction score
The official group is a Marxist group. That cannot be argued. It is all there to see (or it was before they erased much of it because it is insane garbage).

The movement has little to nothing do with Marxism because most people had no idea what they were latching onto.
If 95% of the people in the group are there to protest against police brutality and treatment of black people and have nothing to do with "marxism" how is the "official group" Marxist? The group is what the people participating in it make it.

If they are start pushing Marxist policies, I'll be right there with you opposing that. The right is using it as an excuse to ignore the real issue they are shedding light on because they don't like admitting there's a problem.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
If 95% of the people in the group are there to protest against police brutality and treatment of black people and have nothing to do with "marxism" how is the "official group" Marxist? The group is what the people participating in it make it.

If they are start pushing Marxist policies, I'll be right there with you opposing that. The right is using it as an excuse to ignore the real issue they are shedding light on because they don't like admitting there's a problem.
Very, very few people with a blm sign in their yard "belongs" to the group. They don't have the faintest idea that there are indeed leaders of the group. There is a group though. They have a website, they have individuals on-line talking about the group and its message. They openly admitted to being a Marxist group. What else do you need to see that? You can argue that those people with the signs in their yard have taken over the original message if you want. I won't argue against that, but there still is an official group that has dumb ideas and a horrible message.

howeda7

Reaction score
Very, very few people with a blm sign in their yard "belongs" to the group. They don't have the faintest idea that there are indeed leaders of the group. There is a group though. They have a website, they have individuals on-line talking about the group and its message. They openly admitted to being a Marxist group. What else do you need to see that? You can argue that those people with the signs in their yard have taken over the original message if you want. I won't argue against that, but there still is an official group that has dumb ideas and a horrible message.
Yes, they have. That is the engagement that 99% of the public has with BLM. And the NBA, NFL players kneeling etc. Both are protesting police brutality, not "promoting Marxism." But that doesn't stop the screechers on the right claiming it as they clutch their pearls.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Your daily reminder that #BLM is a marxist, terrorist group; and has done more to set back civil rights than any group in our history.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Yes, they have. That is the engagement that 99% of the public has with BLM. And the NBA, NFL players kneeling etc. Both are protesting police brutality, not "promoting Marxism." But that doesn't stop the screechers on the right claiming it as they clutch their pearls.
And it didn't stop you from claiming there is no connection with the group to Marxism which is false. It also shows that the 99% are lazy and didn't bother to see what exactly this group was all about.

howeda7

Reaction score
And it didn't stop you from claiming there is no connection with the group to Marxism which is false. It also shows that the 99% are lazy and didn't bother to see what exactly this group was all about.
I asked for proof that the group was Marxist or promoting Marxist ideas. The fact that a founder is one is not the same thing. But we don't need to beat a dead horse. The 99% support the basic idea of the group. There's nothing wrong with that.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Howie has been had. He won't admit it.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I asked for proof that the group was Marxist or promoting Marxist ideas. The fact that a founder is one is not the same thing. But we don't need to beat a dead horse. The 99% support the basic idea of the group. There's nothing wrong with that.
You were given tons of proof. Anyone on this board who didn't already know that is part of that lazy 99%. And it wasn't just one founder by the way. They have more.

I never said anything about the basic idea as being wrong just in case you go there. The original/official group leaders and their message is bad. That hasn't changed just because they scrubbed the website.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I'll go with the evidence and politifact on this. You clearly are going to believe what you want to believe, without any evidence.
The evidence is Marxism robed in faux concern for black skinned humans.

MennoSota

Reaction score

Right. Followers are merely going by emotion, not by reason.

Wally

Reaction score
Agree.

I also don't think it is bad to have two parents, by any means. And it may indeed improve the child's chances.

I just don't think there should be any kind of judgement, scorn, "look down upon", or what have you for kids in non-nuclear families. They have the same potential to be every bit as successful, in my opinion.

Some of the most successful people come from f up families and difficult situations.

Wally

Reaction score

Exactly......
I bet 99% of protesters are there with the literal interpretation of Black Live Matter and nothing more.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Some of the most successful people come from f up families and difficult situations.
Is your ascertain that more people with messed up homes grow up to be successful than those with a more normal upbringing. I would argue with that, but would have no proof of it. Way too many variables and what defines success.

Wally

Reaction score
Is your ascertain that more people with messed up homes grow up to be successful than those with a more normal upbringing. I would argue with that, but would have no proof of it. Way too many variables and what defines success.

I am saying if you overcome hardship growing up, you might have a higher ceiling.

John Galt

Reaction score
I've seen that before. But has the organization ever said its a Marxist organization? Is it in their mission statement? Has this founder or anyone else given a speech at a BLM rally and said so? Has anyone?
🤣

Nax5

Reaction score
Just finished watching the "Crack" documentary on Netflix. Definitely illuminates some of the reasons why things are the way they are now between black people and police.

Also found out that Trump got his "MAGA" slogan from Reagan. Great role model.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The official group is a Marxist group. That cannot be argued.
If this were true, their name would be something like "Americans For Marxism".

It's not possible to achieve a goal as ambitious and broad as installing Marxism as the ruling ideology for the country via an organization that is named for and advocates nothing of the sort.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I would argue in that last sentence that they do not.
Well you must certainly accept that kids can succeed in spit of not having a nuclear family. Perhaps just that the likelihood is less? Because obviously there are many examples of it happening.

Top Bottom