Black lives matter

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
If a particular McDonald's location's manager describes themself as a "trained Marxist", does that make that location a "Marxist McDonald's"?

What are the rules that dictate this anthropomorphic transfer?
The last paragraph of what I posted said a tenant of Marxism is the destruction of the nuclear family. Up until it was removed from the BLM website that was one of their stated goals. That is not a McDonald’s worker saying it that was on their actual website until they removed it after pushback.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The last paragraph of what I posted said a tenant of Marxism is the destruction of the nuclear family. Up until it was removed from the BLM website that was one of their stated goals. That is not a McDonald’s worker saying it that was on their actual website until they removed it after pushback.
https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/aug/28/ask-politifact-does-black-lives-matter-aim-destroy/
  • Critics of Black Lives Matter point to some of the statements on its website, including that it says "we disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure.”
  • Black Lives Matter’s full statements about family show that it wants people to support one another broadly beyond the nuclear family.
  • Black Lives Matter also calls for family-friendly spaces and equal rights for mothers.
An attack made less often is that Black Lives Matter wants to abolish the traditional family.

For example, at the Republican National Convention, former NFL player Jack Brewer said the organization "openly on their website calls for the destruction of the nuclear family. My fellow Americans, our families need each other. We need black fathers in the homes with their wives and children."

We found that while Black Lives Matter seeks change in how "family" is defined, especially with respect to public policy, it’s a leap to conclude that it wants to eliminate traditional family structures.

I agree with politifact's interpretation of what they mean their goals to be.

Often (guessing more than average and more than white families), black families are "non-nuclear". So they are just saying they want more acceptance and support of that, rather than trying to push the "nuclear" family as the ideal and accepted.

I see nothing wrong with that, and nothing about that is wanting to "destroy" the nuclear family.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/aug/28/ask-politifact-does-black-lives-matter-aim-destroy/
  • Critics of Black Lives Matter point to some of the statements on its website, including that it says "we disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure.”
  • Black Lives Matter’s full statements about family show that it wants people to support one another broadly beyond the nuclear family.
  • Black Lives Matter also calls for family-friendly spaces and equal rights for mothers.
An attack made less often is that Black Lives Matter wants to abolish the traditional family.

For example, at the Republican National Convention, former NFL player Jack Brewer said the organization "openly on their website calls for the destruction of the nuclear family. My fellow Americans, our families need each other. We need black fathers in the homes with their wives and children."

We found that while Black Lives Matter seeks change in how "family" is defined, especially with respect to public policy, it’s a leap to conclude that it wants to eliminate traditional family structures.

I agree with politifact's interpretation of what they mean their goals to be.

Often (guessing more than average and more than white families), black families are "non-nuclear". So they are just saying they want more acceptance and support of that, rather than trying to push the "nuclear" family as the ideal and accepted.

I see nothing wrong with that, and nothing about that is wanting to "destroy" the nuclear family.
Yeah cause too many black kids are being born out of wedlock and therefore are behind the eight ball when it comes to succeeding in life. I would think many more non black kids are born into families with a mom and dad.

Section2

Reaction score
I've seen that before. But has the organization ever said its a Marxist organization? Is it in their mission statement? Has this founder or anyone else given a speech at a BLM rally and said so? Has anyone?
2 of the 3 founders, yes. Just like a random McDonalds worker

MplsGopher

Reaction score
being born out of wedlock and therefore are behind the eight ball when it comes to succeeding in life.
This stereotype and misconception are precisely what they are fighting back against.

You're expressing an ideal. Not a scientific fact.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

MennoSota

Reaction score
And yet they called themselves "Black Lives Matter"?

That is obviously an incorrect assertion, with no supporting evidence, on your part.
They are lying. It's like an atheist in Iran calling himself a Muslim Imam in order to attract followers.

Follow their actions rather than their rhetoric. Not all black lives matter to this organization. Only black lives who embrace marxism matter. Only black lives who hate the capitalist system matter. Only dead black person's they can exploit matter. But certainly not ALL black lives matter, because if they did, they would have to reject marxism, which is at the core of their ideology.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
This stereotype and misconception are precisely what they are fighting back against.

You're expressing an ideal. Not a scientific fact.

I’m not saying it’s a black, brown, green, or purple issue it appears to be an American issue. The 3 biggest things you can do to succeed in life are graduating high school, graduating, college, and not having a child until you are married. Too many kids are born into single parent homes and they struggle to succeed because of it. When you look at the Minneapolis school district statics and how well kids are being educated, are you proud Of the job they are doing? They graduate 70% of the student body, which seems very low. I don’t have data, but I would bet most the one that don’t graduate are from single family homes.

howeda7

Reaction score
If a particular McDonald's location's manager describes themself as a "trained Marxist", does that make that location a "Marxist McDonald's"?

What are the rules that dictate this anthropomorphic transfer?
Yes. As well as anyone who ever associated with said person. They are automatically Marxist as well. (This does NOT apply to the Proud Boys or any RW groups.)

LesBolstad

Reaction score
#BLM is a marxist terrorist organization. There's no debate.

The breakdown of family and religion; along with proliferation of entitlements have destroyed Black America; not some people wearing MAGA hats or a few bad cops.

Wally

Reaction score
Listen to this, its power trip after party podcast. Listen to the thoughts and experiences of a black guy from MN, its good.

MennoSota

Reaction score
No, it's not. It's called Black Lives Matter.
Of course, and the Nazis had the "Greater German Youth Movement." See how that name does not tell you what the ideology actually is.
BLM is a Marxist organization that doesn't give a damn about the best interest of Black America. They simply want their Marxist ideology to become mainstream America.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
BLM is a Marxist organization that doesn't give a damn about the best interest of Black America. They simply want their Marxist ideology to become mainstream America.
This is only what you want to believe. Evidence has disproven this.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Your comment only proves what you want to believe. Evidence has disproven you.
I'll go with the evidence and politifact on this. You clearly are going to believe what you want to believe, without any evidence.

USAF

Reaction score
Of course, and the Nazis had the "Greater German Youth Movement." See how that name does not tell you what the ideology actually is.
Your fixation on communism is amusing.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The 3 biggest things you can do to succeed in life are graduating high school, graduating, college, and not having a child until you are married.
This, I'm mostly fine with.

The latter really just has to do with being in a good financial position to then take on the large expense/burden of having a child.

None of these things though say what you're trying to extrapolate from them: that you (the child) are likely to be unsuccessful in life because your mother chose to have you and raise you as a single mother.

Too many kids are born into single parent homes and they struggle to succeed because of it.
What is "too many"? Proof? Evidence?

When you look at the Minneapolis school district statics and how well kids are being educated, are you proud Of the job they are doing? They graduate 70% of the student body, which seems very low. I don’t have data, but I would bet most the one that don’t graduate are from single family homes.
Your guess might be right, but there are so many factors and variables, how can you possible tease out that the one factor you're singling out here was mostly responsible? It would very difficult, probably impossible, to reason about.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
This, I'm mostly fine with.

The latter really just has to do with being in a good financial position to then take on the large expense/burden of having a child.

None of these things though say what you're trying to extrapolate from them: that you (the child) are likely to be unsuccessful in life because your mother chose to have you and raise you as a single mother.

What is "too many"? Proof? Evidence?

Your guess might be right, but there are so many factors and variables, how can you possible tease out that the one factor you're singling out here was mostly responsible? It would very difficult, probably impossible, to reason about.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Being born within wedlock might even increase the chances of success for the child, but it doesn't prove that being born out of wedlock means the child is more likely to be unsuccessful.

I'm guessing you don't understand how those both could be true, but it is possible. The world is very confounding like that.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Being born within wedlock might even increase the chances of success for the child, but it doesn't prove that being born out of wedlock means the child is more likely to be unsuccessful.

I'm guessing you don't understand how those both could be true, but it is possible. The world is very confounding like that.
It’s an impossible thing to prove. It just my ascertain that having both a mother and father improves your chances of success. There can never be a case study done to prove whether that is true or no as you can not remove all other variables.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It’s an impossible thing to prove. It just my ascertain that having both a mother and father improves your chances of success. There can never be a case study done to prove whether that is true or no as you can not remove all other variables.
Agree.

I also don't think it is bad to have two parents, by any means. And it may indeed improve the child's chances.

I just don't think there should be any kind of judgement, scorn, "look down upon", or what have you for kids in non-nuclear families. They have the same potential to be every bit as successful, in my opinion.

Top Bottom