Black lives matter

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Prior to your three word post you had included (without comment) a tweet citing a story about a redneck and son shooting at black teens on their property. By providing no commentary it is reasonable to assume you are suggesting this is standard practice. Stories like this no doubt exist. Racism exists on both sides. Your three word post above includes one of the key words for me -- "history". We are no longer in 1919. Let's quit pretending black people are being shot disproportionately for the crime of their skin color. It's just patently false.

One more sidebar. My first year college student called the other day, complaining about her required first year class at the University about George Floyd/race relations and the bizarre attempt to indoctrinate first year University students. Words from her assigned article included how "emotionally exhausting it is for black people to have to care about a white person's feelings" and "white people need to take extra efforts so they can learn something they should have and could have learned throughout the duration of their life". The messaging was all about her white privilege, etc. etc. My high school child told a story about how all the kids were encouraged to tweet/instagram about the Breonna Taylor story and apologizing for "her walls getting justice before she did". When pressed about the details of the Breonna Taylor story, my daughter and friend had no idea. I don't want to live in a society where only certain thought is allowed, our kids are trained to think a certain way, and any others are shouted down. That isn't progress.

Last comment: nobody is suggesting we can't do better. I just strongly disagree with the current tactics being utilized and the overt attempt to mislead people about the problem itself.
> One more sidebar ...

@golfing18now, so sorry that two of your kids are being hit with that vile BS Critical Race Theory and revisionist race history. I hope that they didn't also have to waste their money on those trash books (as textbooks) such as ...
  • "How to Be an Antiracist" or
  • "White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism" or
  • "Critical Race Theory: An Introduction" or
  • "Critical Race Theory: A Primer" or
  • "Racial Microaggressions: Using Critical Race Theory to Respond to Everyday Racism" or
  • "So You Want to Talk About Race" or
  • "How to Be Less Stupid About Race: On Racism, White Supremacy, and the Racial Divide" or
  • "Seeing Race Again: Countering Colorblindness across the Disciplines" or
  • "Critical Race Theory in the Academy" or
  • "Letting Go of Literary Whiteness: Antiracist Literature Instruction for White Students".
And by all means, do not pre-order "The Logic of Racial Practice: Explorations in the Habituation of Racism" - a pseudo-philosophical argument in favor of Critical Race Theory. But if you want some fun, I dare you to go to the Amazon listing for that book, and then read the full book description out loud to your family, as fast as you possibly can (you may need to practice a few times by yourself), and then sit back and watch your entire family give you that quizzical WTF look.

The primary antidote book to counter all the above nonsense is ...

Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay - "Cynical Theories: How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race, Gender, and Identity - and Why This Harms Everybody"

If I were you, the first thing I would do would be to order (with express shipping) the Pluckrose and Lindsay book from Amazon or Barnes&Noble, and get it to your college daughter ASAP. Then read it yourself at the end of the semester when she comes home for holiday break.

Here's a couple more antidote books in a similar vein of counter-critical theories ...
  • Michael Rectenwald - "Beyond Woke"
  • Michael Rectenwald - "Springtime for Snowflakes: 'Social Justice' and Its Postmodern Parentage"
  • Greg Lukianoff - "The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure"
  • Dave Rubin - "Don't Burn This Book: Thinking for Yourself in an Age of Unreason"
  • Douglas Murray - "The Madness of Crowds: Gender, Race and Identity" (broader: covers Critical Foo Theory where Foo = {Race, Gender, Gay, Trans}) - 2019 hardcover out now, but recommend the updated paperback out Feb 2021 including the mess that was 2020
  • Shelby Steele - "White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era" (from the perspective of a pre-eminent black author)
  • Chapter "What Is Racism? (A Conversation with Glenn C. Loury)" in Sam Harris - "Making Sense: Conversations on Consciousness, Morality, and the Future of Humanity" (a great book, worthy of an independent study in some department such as the English or Philosophy department, even though it consists of podcast transcripts)
If one wants to examine, from more of a philosophical perspective, the neo-Marxist (or sometimes called Social Marxist) roots of the various modern Critical Foo Theories, then one should read chapter 14 ("The Specter of the Frankfurt School: More Minions, Pagans, Weirdos, Radicals") in Paul Kengor - "The Devil and Karl Marx: Communism's Long March of Death, Deception, and Infiltration"

Or, if you have a very-high tolerance for BS and you want to better understand where all these Critical Foo Theories came from (post Frankfurt School), there is probably no better source than from one of the key founders of the movement, so feel free to read (with a very skeptical eye) the Kimberle Crenshaw book "Critical Race Theory: The Key Writings That Formed the Movement"

And for the antidote to the racist/revisionist-history 1619 Project, pre-order the book Peter W. Wood - "1620: A Critical Response to the 1619 Project"

I'll list some antidote videos below, at the end of the post.

> My high school child told a story about how all the kids were encouraged to tweet/instagram about the Breonna Taylor story and apologizing for "her walls getting justice before she did". When pressed about the details of the Breonna Taylor story, my daughter and friend had no idea. I don't want to live in a society where only certain thought is allowed, our kids are trained to think a certain way, and any others are shouted down. That isn't progress.

In regard to your high-school kid, there may be little that you can do. I'd first query about whether the bogus Breonna-Taylor-tweeting episode was an isolated incident in the class, or if that was a general tendency of that particular class. If the former, then maybe it's "oh well" and move on to the rest of the class. If it's the latter, then I'd definitely start with a trip to the principal's office to complain about the class and its teacher. If bad enough, you might want to remove your child from that class and get into a different class instead, maybe Health or Phys Ed or even Study Hall would be more benificial (or perhaps more to the point, less detrimental) to their development. If it looks real bad, then consider a move from a public school to a charter school or private school (I know, big bucks, so not always feasible). If already a private school, consider a different private school. If you consider it to be sufficiently bad, by all means voice your opinion (or threat of transfer) to school management and/or school board.

> My first year college student called the other day, complaining about her required first year class at the University about George Floyd/race relations and the bizarre attempt to indoctrinate first year University students. Words from her assigned article included how "emotionally exhausting it is for black people to have to care about a white person's feelings" and "white people need to take extra efforts so they can learn something they should have and could have learned throughout the duration of their life". The messaging was all about her white privilege, etc. etc.

Sorry to confirm that, yes, your Freshman college student is being subjected to that Critical Rac(ist) Theory bull-sch^t straight out of "White Fragility" and "How to Be an Antiracist." Not sure if she's at the University of Minnesota (where I am a grad student), but whatever university it is, I am horrified at how far downhill the academic standards have gone. It also shows how much power the academic (but unworthy of the term) cult Critical Race Theory advocates have gotten within academia.

As far as what to do to help out your college daughter, it's a little more complicated due to drop/add rules. If you had caught this during the first two weeks of school (the first week typically being drop/add week and the second being drop with no academic bad-marks and add with special permission), I would have definitely said to drop that course like a hot potato. And I wouldn't have worried about them saying it's a required class (one can generally deal with taking a better class to make up that requirement later on). But a whole month into the semester, if you drop it, you probably get a withdrawal-failing and besides, it's pretty much too late to add a replacement class. So it's probably lost tuition plus maybe a bad-academic-mark for dropping now. That option seems to be out.

Instead, I would recommend the following. Challenge her to try to turn lemons into lemonade by means of the following approach. Have her put the noseplugs on, and wade through the material of the class, including even the way-too-Woke part (who knows, maybe there's better material toward the end of the class). Have her do her normal good effort in learning the material, putting in the work, with the primary motivations being two-fold: getting a decent grade, and knowing enough about this Critical Race Theory BS so as to be able to refute it. She should learn the material well enough to spit it back on quizzes and exams, and strive to get a good grade on all tests.

Meanwhile, I would strongly argue that she supplement the course material with a good dose of the antidote material that I reference in this post - to the extent that she has available time. Order the Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay book - "Cynical Theories: How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race, Gender, and Identity - and Why This Harms Everybody" on Amazon or B&N, ASAP, and either get it to her as soon as it arrives, or if not within driving distance, ship it to her direct. Until that arrives, she should view an assortment of the videos I post here, again, moderated by time available.

The last part of my recommendation would be optional - on her call - and is essentially what I would do if I were in her place. But it's taking a chance, which is why I say it should be her call, and it might require some stones to pull it off. This part of the idea is, to write the (probably required) term paper on a topic that, while within the assigned topic domain of the syllabus, such that the professor won't shoot down the paper proposal just based on its proposed title, but that is actually (in its final delivered form) a well-researched and well-written analysis of Critical Race Theory, and in fact, is a paper that pretty much blows the tenets of Critical Race Theory right out of the water.

She would learn three times as much by studying and then researching the counter-arguments and then writing that up, than by simply writing a paper in which she spits back what the professor wants to hear. Plus, that's the overall guiding purpose of that Freshman course - to teach the Freshman critical thinking skills and critical writing skills (albeit, they chose a poor topic, namely Critical Race Theory - whose major feature is the lack of critical thinking, as a subject on which to teach critical thinking).

If she should choose to adopt my radical approach of writing what I'll call a "rogue term paper," then she should be prepared for the possibility that, even though she writes an A term paper, the professor might give her a bad grade (perhaps a C or lower) just because the professor is pissed off (and I'm assuming that the professor is a true believer in this BS). In preparation for that potentiality, you must tell her that as her parents, you agree with this approach (if she wants to do it), and that if she gets a bad term-paper grade, that you will have her appeal first to the instructor, and failing any adjustment in grade, you will back her up by accompanying her to meet with the department chair (and if necessary, the dean of the academic college the department is in) to protest both the course content, and to appeal for a better grade. Your evidence will be the quality term paper plus good grades on the tests, thus showing mastery of the material.

Ultimately, your daughter is going to have to do the work, to get through this. My suggestion is that she take it as a challenge. This is an opportunity for her to learn how to think for herself - and no less, in the face of a firehose of Neo-Marxist based Woke ideology being shot at her. I wish her good luck!

Besides the extensive antidote book list above, the remainder of this post gives a substantial list of good videos on the topics, featuring interviews of the principle academics who are refuting the Woke stuff in general, and Critical Race Theory in specific. You can pass along these links to her to get her started along the path toward understanding the dark places that this Critical Race Theory stuff comes from, and what are the arguments against it, and why its wide adoption would ultimately have negative effects on society.

What is Critical Race Theory? A James Lindsay, Michael Rectenwald Roundtable (1:18:31)

James Lindsay: How Trump mainstreamed Critical Race Theory (50:44)

'Woke utopia', the end of the West & a new cult - James Lindsay interview - BQ #33 (56:04)

James Lindsay | Social Justice Explained: The Foundations Of Wokeness | Modern Wisdom Podcast #124 (1:02:55)

James Lindsay: Cynical Theories and the Failing University (2:04:09)

James Lindsay: Meeting an Ex-Antifa Member (1:27:42)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGWkwRARkIc

Joe Rogan Experience #1501 - James Lindsay (3:02:46)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtNW3I1FZ5o

How Critical Race Theory is Wrong | with James Lindsay (2:07:10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rWboyMld5I

The Charlie Kirk Show—2 Liberal Atheists & the Virus of ‘Wokism’ w/ Peter Boghossian & James Lindsay (1:28:22)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIzTKbxcvw

Douglas Murray: "We Are Standing on the Precipice" (1:09:48)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t97HfUZMEQA

Joe Rogan Experience #1538 - Douglas Murray (2:15:44)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7uqHosIj4s

The Intellectual Roots of Wokeness with James Lindsay and Peter Boghossian (Ep.15) (1:32:30)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CMaxEqaccM&t=242s

Douglas Murray | Permission To Think Differently | Modern Wisdom Podcast #219 (1:16:15)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SLx2ifDTOc&t=1s

Douglas Murray: The Cult of Woke & the Project to Lie About Our History (45:20)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n8fWSqgC90

Douglas Murray | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 95 (1:06:59)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59p83oZ9sy8

Dr. Jordan Peterson | Is Neo-Marxism on the rise? (13:26)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7e_BaXU3mA&t=596s

Joe Rogan Experience #1191 - Peter Boghossian & James Lindsay (1:58:36)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZZNvT1vaJg

The following are YouTube book-club discussions of the James Lindsay/Helen Pluckrose book, but are probably only useful if you have a copy of the book in hand.

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 1 (3:54:15)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n13r19vZ3uw

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 2 (2:54:50)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWyMOgBrOy4

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 3 (3:12:35)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVgWEzj0tsc

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 4 (1:59:35)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzbmEdq6oKI

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 5 (4:36:45)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_82WS6amH30

There is also James Lindsay's New Discourses website https://newdiscourses.com and YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/newdiscourses

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score
> One more sidebar ...

@golfing18now, so sorry that two of your kids are being hit with that vile BS Critical Race Theory and revisionist race history. I hope that they didn't also have to waste their money on those trash books (as textbooks) such as ...
  • "How to Be an Antiracist" or
  • "White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism" or
  • "Critical Race Theory: An Introduction" or
  • "Critical Race Theory: A Primer" or
  • "Racial Microaggressions: Using Critical Race Theory to Respond to Everyday Racism" or
  • "So You Want to Talk About Race" or
  • "How to Be Less Stupid About Race: On Racism, White Supremacy, and the Racial Divide" or
  • "Seeing Race Again: Countering Colorblindness across the Disciplines" or
  • "Critical Race Theory in the Academy" or
  • "Letting Go of Literary Whiteness: Antiracist Literature Instruction for White Students".
And by all means, do not pre-order "The Logic of Racial Practice: Explorations in the Habituation of Racism" - a pseudo-philosophical argument in favor of Critical Race Theory. But if you want some fun, I dare you to go to the Amazon listing for that book, and then read the full book description out loud to your family, as fast as you possibly can (you may need to practice a few times by yourself), and then sit back and watch your entire family give you that quizzical WTF look.

The primary antidote book to counter all the above nonsense is ...

Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay - "Cynical Theories: How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race, Gender, and Identity - and Why This Harms Everybody"

If I were you, the first thing I would do would be to order (with express shipping) the Pluckrose and Lindsay book from Amazon or Barnes&Noble, and get it to your college daughter ASAP. Then read it yourself at the end of the semester when she comes home for holiday break.

Here's a couple more antidote books in a similar vein of counter-critical theories ...
  • Michael Rectenwald - "Beyond Woke"
  • Michael Rectenwald - "Springtime for Snowflakes: 'Social Justice' and Its Postmodern Parentage"
  • Greg Lukianoff - "The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure"
  • Dave Rubin - "Don't Burn This Book: Thinking for Yourself in an Age of Unreason"
  • Douglas Murray - "The Madness of Crowds: Gender, Race and Identity" (broader: covers Critical Foo Theory where Foo = {Race, Gender, Gay, Trans}) - 2019 hardcover out now, but recommend the updated paperback out Feb 2021 including the mess that was 2020
  • Shelby Steele - "White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era" (from the perspective of a pre-eminent black author)
  • Chapter "What Is Racism? (A Conversation with Glenn C. Loury)" in Sam Harris - "Making Sense: Conversations on Consciousness, Morality, and the Future of Humanity" (a great book, worthy of an independent study in some department such as the English or Philosophy department, even though it consists of podcast transcripts)
If one wants to examine, from more of a philosophical perspective, the neo-Marxist (or sometimes called Social Marxist) roots of the various modern Critical Foo Theories, then one should read chapter 14 ("The Specter of the Frankfurt School: More Minions, Pagans, Weirdos, Radicals") in Paul Kengor - "The Devil and Karl Marx: Communism's Long March of Death, Deception, and Infiltration"

Or, if you have a very-high tolerance for BS and you want to better understand where all these Critical Foo Theories came from (post Frankfurt School), there is probably no better source than from one of the key founders of the movement, so feel free to read (with a very skeptical eye) the Kimberle Crenshaw book "Critical Race Theory: The Key Writings That Formed the Movement"

And for the antidote to the racist/revisionist-history 1619 Project, pre-order the book Peter W. Wood - "1620: A Critical Response to the 1619 Project"

I'll list some antidote videos below, at the end of the post.

> My high school child told a story about how all the kids were encouraged to tweet/instagram about the Breonna Taylor story and apologizing for "her walls getting justice before she did". When pressed about the details of the Breonna Taylor story, my daughter and friend had no idea. I don't want to live in a society where only certain thought is allowed, our kids are trained to think a certain way, and any others are shouted down. That isn't progress.

In regard to your high-school kid, there may be little that you can do. I'd first query about whether the bogus Breonna-Taylor-tweeting episode was an isolated incident in the class, or if that was a general tendency of that particular class. If the former, then maybe it's "oh well" and move on to the rest of the class. If it's the latter, then I'd definitely start with a trip to the principal's office to complain about the class and its teacher. If bad enough, you might want to remove your child from that class and get into a different class instead, maybe Health or Phys Ed or even Study Hall would be more benificial (or perhaps more to the point, less detrimental) to their development. If it looks real bad, then consider a move from a public school to a charter school or private school (I know, big bucks, so not always feasible). If already a private school, consider a different private school. If you consider it to be sufficiently bad, by all means voice your opinion (or threat of transfer) to school management and/or school board.

> My first year college student called the other day, complaining about her required first year class at the University about George Floyd/race relations and the bizarre attempt to indoctrinate first year University students. Words from her assigned article included how "emotionally exhausting it is for black people to have to care about a white person's feelings" and "white people need to take extra efforts so they can learn something they should have and could have learned throughout the duration of their life". The messaging was all about her white privilege, etc. etc.

Sorry to confirm that, yes, your Freshman college student is being subjected to that Critical Rac(ist) Theory bull-sch^t straight out of "White Fragility" and "How to Be an Antiracist." Not sure if she's at the University of Minnesota (where I am a grad student), but whatever university it is, I am horrified at how far downhill the academic standards have gone. It also shows how much power the academic (but unworthy of the term) cult Critical Race Theory advocates have gotten within academia.

As far as what to do to help out your college daughter, it's a little more complicated due to drop/add rules. If you had caught this during the first two weeks of school (the first week typically being drop/add week and the second being drop with no academic bad-marks and add with special permission), I would have definitely said to drop that course like a hot potato. And I wouldn't have worried about them saying it's a required class (one can generally deal with taking a better class to make up that requirement later on). But a whole month into the semester, if you drop it, you probably get a withdrawal-failing and besides, it's pretty much too late to add a replacement class. So it's probably lost tuition plus maybe a bad-academic-mark for dropping now. That option seems to be out.

Instead, I would recommend the following. Challenge her to try to turn lemons into lemonade by means of the following approach. Have her put the noseplugs on, and wade through the material of the class, including even the way-too-Woke part (who knows, maybe there's better material toward the end of the class). Have her do her normal good effort in learning the material, putting in the work, with the primary motivations being two-fold: getting a decent grade, and knowing enough about this Critical Race Theory BS so as to be able to refute it. She should learn the material well enough to spit it back on quizzes and exams, and strive to get a good grade on all tests.

Meanwhile, I would strongly argue that she supplement the course material with a good dose of the antidote material that I reference in this post - to the extent that she has available time. Order the Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay book - "Cynical Theories: How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race, Gender, and Identity - and Why This Harms Everybody" on Amazon or B&N, ASAP, and either get it to her as soon as it arrives, or if not within driving distance, ship it to her direct. Until that arrives, she should view an assortment of the videos I post here, again, moderated by time available.

The last part of my recommendation would be optional - on her call - and is essentially what I would do if I were in her place. But it's taking a chance, which is why I say it should be her call, and it might require some stones to pull it off. This part of the idea is, to write the (probably required) term paper on a topic that, while within the assigned topic domain of the syllabus, such that the professor won't shoot down the paper proposal just based on its proposed title, but that is actually (in its final delivered form) a well-researched and well-written analysis of Critical Race Theory, and in fact, is a paper that pretty much blows the tenets of Critical Race Theory right out of the water.

She would learn three times as much by studying and then researching the counter-arguments and then writing that up, than by simply writing a paper in which she spits back what the professor wants to hear. Plus, that's the overall guiding purpose of that Freshman course - to teach the Freshman critical thinking skills and critical writing skills (albeit, they chose a poor topic, namely Critical Race Theory - whose major feature is the lack of critical thinking, as a subject on which to teach critical thinking).

If she should choose to adopt my radical approach of writing what I'll call a "rogue term paper," then she should be prepared for the possibility that, even though she writes an A term paper, the professor might give her a bad grade (perhaps a C or lower) just because the professor is pissed off (and I'm assuming that the professor is a true believer in this BS). In preparation for that potentiality, you must tell her that as her parents, you agree with this approach (if she wants to do it), and that if she gets a bad term-paper grade, that you will have her appeal first to the instructor, and failing any adjustment in grade, you will back her up by accompanying her to meet with the department chair (and if necessary, the dean of the academic college the department is in) to protest both the course content, and to appeal for a better grade. Your evidence will be the quality term paper plus good grades on the tests, thus showing mastery of the material.

Ultimately, your daughter is going to have to do the work, to get through this. My suggestion is that she take it as a challenge. This is an opportunity for her to learn how to think for herself - and no less, in the face of a firehose of Neo-Marxist based Woke ideology being shot at her. I wish her good luck!

Besides the extensive antidote book list above, the remainder of this post gives a substantial list of good videos on the topics, featuring interviews of the principle academics who are refuting the Woke stuff in general, and Critical Race Theory in specific. You can pass along these links to her to get her started along the path toward understanding the dark places that this Critical Race Theory stuff comes from, and what are the arguments against it, and why its wide adoption would ultimately have negative effects on society.

What is Critical Race Theory? A James Lindsay, Michael Rectenwald Roundtable (1:18:31)

James Lindsay: How Trump mainstreamed Critical Race Theory (50:44)

'Woke utopia', the end of the West & a new cult - James Lindsay interview - BQ #33 (56:04)

James Lindsay | Social Justice Explained: The Foundations Of Wokeness | Modern Wisdom Podcast #124 (1:02:55)

James Lindsay: Cynical Theories and the Failing University (2:04:09)

James Lindsay: Meeting an Ex-Antifa Member (1:27:42)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGWkwRARkIc

Joe Rogan Experience #1501 - James Lindsay (3:02:46)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtNW3I1FZ5o

How Critical Race Theory is Wrong | with James Lindsay (2:07:10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rWboyMld5I

The Charlie Kirk Show—2 Liberal Atheists & the Virus of ‘Wokism’ w/ Peter Boghossian & James Lindsay (1:28:22)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIzTKbxcvw

Douglas Murray: "We Are Standing on the Precipice" (1:09:48)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t97HfUZMEQA

Joe Rogan Experience #1538 - Douglas Murray (2:15:44)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7uqHosIj4s

The Intellectual Roots of Wokeness with James Lindsay and Peter Boghossian (Ep.15) (1:32:30)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CMaxEqaccM&t=242s

Douglas Murray | Permission To Think Differently | Modern Wisdom Podcast #219 (1:16:15)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SLx2ifDTOc&t=1s

Douglas Murray: The Cult of Woke & the Project to Lie About Our History (45:20)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n8fWSqgC90

Douglas Murray | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 95 (1:06:59)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59p83oZ9sy8

Dr. Jordan Peterson | Is Neo-Marxism on the rise? (13:26)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7e_BaXU3mA&t=596s

Joe Rogan Experience #1191 - Peter Boghossian & James Lindsay (1:58:36)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZZNvT1vaJg

The following are YouTube book-club discussions of the James Lindsay/Helen Pluckrose book, but are probably only useful if you have a copy of the book in hand.

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 1 (3:54:15)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n13r19vZ3uw

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 2 (2:54:50)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWyMOgBrOy4

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 3 (3:12:35)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVgWEzj0tsc

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 4 (1:59:35)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzbmEdq6oKI

"Cynical Theories" - James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose Book Club (hosted by Samuel Hoadley-Brill) pt. 5 (4:36:45)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_82WS6amH30

There is also James Lindsay's New Discourses website https://newdiscourses.com and YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/newdiscourses

Yours is bigger.

MNGopher23

Reaction score
Isn't it funny that as soon as the recent surveys were released that showed more Americans opposed BLM due to violence and destruction the MSM and Democratic party stopped talking about it? They dropped it like a bad habit. Even the NBA said that they will not being continuing their BLM program next year. It's kind of funny that #BLM was trending the highest during 2016 and 2020 aka election years. See you in 2024.

Wally

Reaction score

Angry

Reaction score

Wally

Reaction score
I'm a little confused, do Black Lives not matter anymore since the election is over? I'm honestly confused about the intentions and morals of this movement. It's almost as if it's used as an emotional propaganda tool to persuade voters to vote Democratic?

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=black lives matter

I think your wrong, because the BLM movement probably helped Trump more than it hurt him. Those riots actually gave Trump a chance at victory, but he couldn't pull ot out.

Wally

Reaction score
They’ll be back this summer rioting and looting. It’s not good looting weather right now.

Probably. They should be having the officers trials right now, instead they are in August which is the worst possible time. Wait until next winter if you have to, blame Covid, no one would riot this week.

Angry

Reaction score
Antifa members threaten to 'burn' down DC during Black Lives Matter march.
Don’t worry this is all good🙃

John Galt

Reaction score
Don't worry - an idea can't actually burn anything down.

John Galt

Reaction score
I think your wrong, because the BLM movement probably helped Trump more than it hurt him. Those riots actually gave Trump a chance at victory, but he couldn't pull ot out.
Usually anything that happens in the country, good or bad, is attributed to the president. The idea that rioting and looting helped Trump, while he was president, is a stretch. Unless you think it helped him because the democrats were openly supporting it.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Howie will get worried when you can name their leader. Until then..... meh

Wally

Reaction score
Usually anything that happens in the country, good or bad, is attributed to the president. The idea that rioting and looting helped Trump, while he was president, is a stretch. Unless you think it helped him because the democrats were openly supporting it.

It helped him because it mobilized right leaning law and order types to vote for for him. Without BLM he would have been absolutely crushed in the election, I have no doubt about it based on my conversations with people who voted for him. BLM was probably the thing talked about more than anything, more than Covid.

Wally

Reaction score

Are the fires burning yet?
🤣🤣🤣

Spoofin

Reaction score
It helped him because it mobilized right leaning law and order types to vote for for him. Without BLM he would have been absolutely crushed in the election, I have no doubt about it based on my conversations with people who voted for him. BLM was probably the thing talked about more than anything, more than Covid.
I agree with this.

John Galt

Reaction score
The law and order types were already going to vote for him. If there is looting, rioting and BLM protests for the next 4 years, it will crush Biden, not help him. To think that police precincts burning helped a sitting president is just odd.

Wally

Reaction score
The law and order types were already going to vote for him. If there is looting, rioting and BLM protests for the next 4 years, it will crush Biden, not help him. To think that police precincts burning helped a sitting president is just odd.

I think you underestimate how many generally apathetic people were motivated by BLM riots. I think it brought out people who otherwise wouldn't have voted.

John Galt

Reaction score
I think you underestimate how many generally apathetic people were motivated by BLM riots. I think it brought out people who otherwise wouldn't have voted.
Why would apathetic voters get out and vote for the guy who is in charge when rioting is happening?

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
You should really read about what happened in Portland. Burning courthouses and police precincts wasn’t the worst of it.
Let me take a wild guess here; those were "mostly peaceful" and were not definitively (according to MSM) Antifa. Did I get that right?

GopherJake

Reaction score
You should really read about what happened in Portland. Burning courthouses and police precincts wasn’t the worst of it.
I’ve never seen any evidence presented showing what you allege. I have seen it about right wing organizations though. Thou doth present no evidence and protest too much.

Wally

Reaction score
Why would apathetic voters get out and vote for the guy who is in charge when rioting is happening?

Because the hate blacks getting uppity. I have heard it from many people. Of course they are careful with how they say it, "most" avoid avert racism. Definitely not all tho. And don't even give me some bs that you don't know what I am talking about.

Top Bottom