Black lives matter

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Justice did fail until the video went viral. From what I read on NPR, this happened in Feb, and the GBI is now looking into it. DA has the case but can't get to a grand jury before June 12 when Georgia's state of emergency ends.

Heard from the victims mother's lawyer this morning. He said there is no need to go through the grand jury. Evidence is strong enough on its own to deliver charges and Georgia has that in law. No need to wait. In fact he said the DA has ties to the defendants and should be disbarred for tainting the process.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
there are a whole bunch of questions I would want answered before I could determine that justice failed. it's good to apply public pressure. But these kinds of cases are usually used to prove that this stuff happens all the time, rather than being an extremely rare case.
Here's a link to the police report. Maybe this will help answer some of your questions. The guy even says the victim started to run the other way, and they pursued and then cut him off.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Here's a link to the police report. Maybe this will help answer some of your questions. The guy even says the victim started to run the other way, and they pursued and then cut him off.

That police report was void of anything around investigation and securing the scene or mention of evidence collection whatsoever. Nothing. Just associated other crimes to the victim without reference of other incidence report numbers, judicial record, nothing. What kind of police do they have down in Georgia? That report was pretty much a waste of paper and tax payer money.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I don't know the details of the case, and don't really care. If things are as initially reported, then it's extremely rare, horrific & should be prosecuted to the fullest degree. I just like to let the dust settle on these raciall charged cases before I rush to judgement, lest it's not another Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, or Jussie Smollet boondoggle.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
That police report was void of anything around investigation and securing the scene or mention of evidence collection whatsoever. Nothing. Just associated other crimes to the victim without reference of other incidence report numbers, judicial record, nothing. What kind of police do they have down in Georgia? That report was pretty much a waste of paper and tax payer money.
This is bad enough without you having to make stuff up. First sentence of the first paragraph where the officer talks about arriving at the crime, he states he observed another officer securing the scene by setting up a perimeter. Obviously a really disgusting crime. I'm really surprised the two suspects haven't been arrested. Unlike legions of other videos that were faked, this one seems very real. I do wonder who took it, but at the same time I can see why the person that did take it wants to remain out of the news. And also, it's not just "down in Georgia". Channel 2 in Chicago literally has a webpage to summarize the shootings that take place there every weekend.

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score

Another decent human being slaughtered for not being white. Okay, white guys, what are we going to do to stop our fellow white guys from continuing to slaughter black people? I am so sick of this shit. The man was murdered for jogging in his own neighborhood! I hope the two white guys get the death penalty and fry, fry, fry and die horribly.
Former cop and son running around with loaded rifles in a truck looking for the "perp" of a a string of home robberies. How much value do you think was stolen in those homes in total. Maybe a few hundred to low thousands of dollars in goods. So, they bring out their guns and their pickup and begin to look for the criminal. Along comes the victim, who is running, I would presume for health. He has nothing in his hands. He is running towards the truck. The driver gets out with a shotgun and runs at him and puts the shotgun in his chest. The runner tries to swat it away, but the driver grabs onto his shirt and a struggle ensues. One man fights for survival. The other man fights for control. The third man is grabbing a gun from the bed of the truck.

And, we know how it ends, the driver shoots the victim at point blank range with shot ripping into his gut, mortally wounding him.

There are two glaring facts in this case from the video. The victim was running toward the truck with nothing in his hands. Nothing. There was no visual evidence that he was doing anything but running. And, because he did not turn away from the truck as he approached, he did not have a sense of concern. He had nothing to fear in a normal sense. But, this was no normal day. A retired cop was playing cop without any legal authority to do so. He was not on any police payroll. He was not deputized. He was a vigilante on a mission to stop petty crime.

And, for that moment, the retired cop did his best to kill an innocent black man. The argument that he did it to arrest a suspect (with no evidence whatsoever), assault him without cause, and shoot him without cause, is simply another instance where a cop thinks it is in his rights to administer justice independent of any authority to do so at all. Another case of extra judicial execution.

We live in a redneck nation where violence against the innocent has more legal standing than life, all over a misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment and an arcane notion of justifiable homicide.

Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, equality, egality, fraternity. What a crock of shit. None of those can be applied to what transpired.

It was plain and simple murder. And, the retired cop and his son are walking around free as the day is large.
dean,

i saw the video and it could be exactly like you say and how ever it happened it is tragic.

my question, that i haven’t seen answered yet (and i might have just missed it) is why was the person videoing?

from the video i saw, the dude is running down the street with someone following him, presumably from a car. why is this person videoing something so banal?

usually, and i’m not saying this is the case here, when i see a viral video online where someone is videoing something that people don’t normally video and something crazy happens my first thought is why was that person videoing something so boring that no one would ever video? usually this is a tip-off that the video is a fake.

i am NOT saying this video is a fake. but if i was a journalist my first question before running with the narrative that will bring the most clicks would be to figure out who is videoing and why.

again if i’m wrong, that’s fine. in the articles i’ve read this question hadn’t been addressed. if you have the answer to this question i’d love to hear it.

doesn’t change the tragedy of the situation one way or another.

stocker08

Reaction score
Heard from the victims mother's lawyer this morning. He said there is no need to go through the grand jury. Evidence is strong enough on its own to deliver charges and Georgia has that in law. No need to wait. In fact he said the DA has ties to the defendants and should be disbarred for tainting the process.

Sickening if true. Rouge "police" vigilantes like Zimm shouldn't be protected when things like these happen.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
dean,

i saw the video and it could be exactly like you say and how ever it happened it is tragic.

my question, that i haven’t seen answered yet (and i might have just missed it) is why was the person videoing?

from the video i saw, the dude is running down the street with someone following him, presumably from a car. why is this person videoing something so banal?

usually, and i’m not saying this is the case here, when i see a viral video online where someone is videoing something that people don’t normally video and something crazy happens my first thought is why was that person videoing something so boring that no one would ever video? usually this is a tip-off that the video is a fake.

i am NOT saying this video is a fake. but if i was a journalist my first question before running with the narrative that will bring the most clicks would be to figure out who is videoing and why.

again if i’m wrong, that’s fine. in the articles i’ve read this question hadn’t been addressed. if you have the answer to this question i’d love to hear it.

doesn’t change the tragedy of the situation one way or another.

Dash cams are more common than you think.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Has anyone told the African Americans in our country that black lives matter? They seem to take more black lives than anyone else and it's not even really close

This seems like something we should really be getting the word out about, and to the right areas and communities

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
Dash cams are more common than you think.
ok, then if that is just your average citizen who happened to be driving down the road with a dash cam, why is the male jogging in the middle of the road right in front of the car with a dash cam?

when i jog, i jog on the shoulder or as far off to the side of the road so that i do not get run over by cars driving down the road.

also, it looks like the male runs directly at the other male with the shotgun and then starts swinging at him.

i’m not saying that the victim is actually the suspect. i’m just saying i’m always going to questions the narrative when people jump on a media fueled outrage train like this.

it may have happened exactly like the media and you are portraying it. innocent man out for a jog gets gunned down by racists rednecks for no good reason. it could be there is more to the story.

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score
Just saw on TV that they think the videographer of the MURDER was an accomplice of the Father & Son Crackers and will likely be charged as well - they mentioned his name which I didn't catch.

Easy flip to reduce to the accomplice's sentence, if need be, for the conviction.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Just saw on TV that they think the videographer of the MURDER was an accomplice of the Father & Son Crackers and will likely be charged as well - they mentioned his name which I didn't catch.

Easy flip to reduce to the accomplice's sentence, if need be, for the conviction.
What exactly is "Father & Son Crackers"? I haven't read the articles, is that really their last name? Who in the world keeps the name Crackers in the family?

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score

What kind of police? Here’s what they got in Cobb County.
1369360D-337C-41F0-86CB-2BAFD0D7B03D.jpeg

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score
What exactly is "Father & Son Crackers"? I haven't read the articles, is that really their last name? Who in the world keeps the name Crackers in the family?

Calling someone a "Cracker" who is a white Southern is meant as an insult or they are heirs to the Keebler Cookie & Cracker Company.

Keebler Elves Vs. Snap, Crackle and Pop! | PODCAST UNLIMITED

Section2

Reaction score

To be clear, I'm not arguing that a crime was not committed. Based on the facts presented it's clear as day. I'm arguing that we don't yet know whether justice will prevail. Given the attention this is getting that's dramatically increasing the odds that it will.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
To be clear, I'm not arguing that a crime was not committed. Based on the facts presented it's clear as day. I'm arguing that we don't yet know whether justice will prevail. Given the attention this is getting that's dramatically increasing the odds that it will.
Right, and that's exactly the BLM point that's being made. GBI made an arrest ONE DAY after the video went viral. The local cops and DA obviously had the video and witness accounts but didn't do anything for over 2 months.

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score
Right, and that's exactly the BLM point that's being made. GBI made an arrest ONE DAY after the video went viral. The local cops and DA obviously had the video and witness accounts but didn't do anything for over 2 months.

My understanding is that the first 2 DAs recused themselves with one saving the shooting was justified by Georgia law - sounds like the good old boy network to me.

Section2

Reaction score
A positive of social media. I would also point to the salon owner in TX being a victim of injustice until a social media campaign forced the hand of government leaders.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
I frequently jog 12 miles away from my home in my cargo shorts.

Some other tidbits: victim with prior burglary conviction; there had been a series of burglaries in the neighborhood and he was allegedly seen exiting a burglarized house 1 week prior.

Sounds as tho several knuckleheads involved in this one.

Let's let all the facts come out before convicting anyone.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
ok, then if that is just your average citizen who happened to be driving down the road with a dash cam, why is the male jogging in the middle of the road right in front of the car with a dash cam?

when i jog, i jog on the shoulder or as far off to the side of the road so that i do not get run over by cars driving down the road.

also, it looks like the male runs directly at the other male with the shotgun and then starts swinging at him.

i’m not saying that the victim is actually the suspect. i’m just saying i’m always going to questions the narrative when people jump on a media fueled outrage train like this.

it may have happened exactly like the media and you are portraying it. innocent man out for a jog gets gunned down by racists rednecks for no good reason. it could be there is more to the story.
You bring up a Good point. The victim was jogging in the middle of the road where these two very Good people could have run him over like a stray dog, yet they actually avoided him, and were considerate enough to take the time to get out and shoot him. “Racist rednecks” is a bit harsh, don’t you think?

LesBolstad

Reaction score
You bring up a Good point. The victim was jogging in the middle of the road where these two very Good people could have run him over like a stray dog, yet they actually avoided him, and were considerate enough to take the time to get out and shoot him. “Racist rednecks” is a bit harsh, don’t you think?

Good stuff! You're the best.

oleboy41

Reaction score
Has anyone told the African Americans in our country that black lives matter? They seem to take more black lives than anyone else and it's not even really close

This seems like something we should really be getting the word out about, and to the right areas and communities
And the racists are now out. My guess is the majority of the football team you supposedly cheer for would think youre a racist idiot and would prefer you remove yourself from the fan base. But since you’re probably deluded enough to NOT do that, Ill just have to place you on ignore.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I have zero dog in the fight so just playing devil's advocate because I've seen this happen once or twice before (although one may have been a movie!); It could be possible that they were investigating as thoroughly as they could and the social media blitz just forced their hand a little earlier than they wanted before getting their ducks 100% in a row? Just throwing it out there. It's a little premature to say that nothing was going to be done until the social media frenzy took over?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I frequently jog 12 miles away from my home in my cargo shorts.

Some other tidbits: victim with prior burglary conviction; there had been a series of burglaries in the neighborhood and he was allegedly seen exiting a burglarized house 1 week prior.

Sounds as tho several knuckleheads involved in this one.

Let's let all the facts come out before convicting anyone.
You bring up another Good point. As you well know from your experience wearing your cargo shorts 12 miles from home, he could well have been in possession of valuables like jewelry, TVs or other appliances. I sure hope they checked his pockets.

howeda7

Reaction score
I have zero dog in the fight so just playing devil's advocate because I've seen this happen once or twice before (although one may have been a movie!); It could be possible that they were investigating as thoroughly as they could and the social media blitz just forced their hand a little earlier than they wanted before getting their ducks 100% in a row? Just throwing it out there. It's a little premature to say that nothing was going to be done until the social media frenzy took over?
Allegedly the suspects were friends with the cops or DA. In any event it doesn't take 3 months to charge someone normally unless it's the U of M police investigating a laptop theft.

Top Bottom