BITE YOUR TONUGE IF YOU TALK BAD ABOUT TUBBY

Brew_recruit

Reaction score
You lose all credibility if you say tubby is doing a bad job coaching. I want you to think about 2006 before you say another bad thing Tubby.

You lose all credibility if you say tubby is doing a bad job coaching. I want you to think about 2006 before you say another bad thing Tubby.

Really? But we can basically condemn the players to D-II status. Sorry but only 4 of these guys are "Monson" recruits--the rest are Tubby's "guys".

And sorry, but if you don't think Tubby deserves some criticism for how he favors RSIII over Iverson, especially in the last 2 or 3 minutes of tonight's game, then you are a good candidate
for the Jim Jones School of Religious Studies in Jonestown, Guyana.

While I say the season is young and it's not time to start hanging Goldy in effigy, I do say that Tubby bears a good portion of the responsibility for these losses. He's the third year coach of this team--the honeymoon is over.

Yes, you lose all credibility if you rip a coach whose team has showed no improvement and who just lost 3 straight games to 3 inferior teams. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, you lose all credibility if you rip a coach whose team has showed no improvement and who just lost 3 straight games to 3 inferior teams. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, you lose all credibility when you constantly lecture everybody else about how smart you are and how dumb everybody else while engaging in the ripping of said coach.

No, you lose all credibility when you constantly lecture everybody else about how smart you are and how dumb everybody else while engaging in the ripping of said coach.

Never said I was much smarter than everyone, just that I've seen this all coming and have been right about it. I think everyone else would see it as well if they were willing to put all team alliances aside and just look at our team from an unbiased stand point of view.

I don't see how ripping Tubby's performances the past few games would make me dumb. I think blindly accepting everything he does is much more moronic. The point is, I still like Tubby a lot as our head coach and there's no one else I'd like more coaching us right now, but he just hasn't been up to par these past few games.

I haven't been pleased with the team or Tubby lately, but your info about them being Tubby's guys is a little misleading. First off, 3 of his recruits aren't playing. Do you think we would've lost all of those games had they been playing? Second, Sampson has played the last 4 games with an injury that I had in HS which I can tell you first hand is really really painful. So he has 4 sophomores playing with 1 injured, and he has 2 freshman recruits playing, both of whom I think we can all agree will be pretty good players and were worth giving scholarships to.

Really? But we can basically condemn the players to D-II status. Sorry but only 4 of these guys are "Monson" recruits--the rest are Tubby's "guys".

And sorry, but if you don't think Tubby deserves some criticism for how he favors RSIII over Iverson, especially in the last 2 or 3 minutes of tonight's game, then you are a good candidate

While I say the season is young and it's not time to start hanging Goldy in effigy, I do say that Tubby bears a good portion of the responsibility for these losses. He's the third year coach of this team--the honeymoon is over.

I haven't been pleased with the team or Tubby lately, but your info about them being Tubby's guys is a little misleading. First off, 3 of his recruits aren't playing. Do you think we would've lost all of those games had they been playing? Second, Sampson has played the last 4 games with an injury that I had in HS which I can tell you first hand is really really painful. So he has 4 sophomores playing with 1 injured, and he has 2 freshman recruits playing, both of whom I think we can all agree will be pretty good players and were worth giving scholarships to.

Well, being sophomores didn't keep people from ripping on Nolen and to a lesser degree Hoffarber all last season and if RSIII is injuried SIT HIM DOWN since IMO Iverson is stronger in the post anyway.

Not saying "let's kick Tubby to the curb," just saying that he bears some/more responsibility for all the things "wrong" with the team, not just GHs favorite "goats."

For the record, I'm from the "it's a long season, time to get to work" category. By no means am I ready to buy my NIT tickets. Three pretty close losses at the right time of the season (early). Plenty of time (and IMO TALENT) to right the ship and make a run for the BT title--yeah, the Big Ten Title. But Tubby has to make some adjustments/changes in his game plan too.

Its so obvious you have absolutely no knowledge about basketball or have ever won at anything in life. Because if you knew anything about basketball or winning you would know that Tubby is the only thing that has made the gophers basketball team relevant again.

Its so obvious you have absolutely no knowledge about basketball or have ever won at anything in life. Because if you knew anything about basketball or winning you would know that Tubby is the only thing that has made the gophers basketball team relevant again.

Wrong and wrong.

Just don't agree with the general consensus on this board about Tubby. And that line is such a cop out. And if Tubby is the "only thing" that has made the Gopher basketball relevant again, than he bears FULL responsibility for the losses as well as the wins.

Brew_Recruit

You have a private message from awhile back.

Top Bottom