billy glasscock

Go4

Reaction score
i know recruits get laid on visits all the time, but i imagine most aren't as eventful as our recruit in this instance experienced. does billy glasscock need to re-evaluate who the recruit hosts are and what happens late night? or do we continue business as usual and just scale back to more traditional situations.

Should review recruit host policy's and the selection process.

i know recruits get laid on visits all the time, but i imagine most aren't as eventful as our recruit in this instance experienced. does billy glasscock need to re-evaluate who the recruit hosts are and what happens late night? or do we continue business as usual and just scale back to more traditional situations.

I guess grades cannot be just one of the determining factors for who recruit hosts are. This whole assault investigation situation should make it painfully clear if it was not already, that team, program and University policy's were violated. That it should be pretty explicitly stated in the rules that, underage recruits cannot be put in situations where they can harm themselves at the University's expense or participate in illegal activity's.

I guess grades cannot be just one of the determining factors for who recruit hosts are. This whole assault investigation situation should make it painfully clear if it was not already, that team, program and University policy's were violated. That it should be pretty explicitly stated in the rules that, underage recruits cannot be put in situations where they can harm themselves at the University's expense or participate in illegal activity's.

I would think those things are already in their policies- I remember an issue years ago about alcohol being absolutely prohibited for these "events" so would think there would be a laundry lists of prohibited activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you change the rules and require recruits to have adult supervision at all times this kind of stuff is going to happen and it goes on everywhere (maybe not to the level of what happened on September 2nd) but if a recruit wants to get drunk or laid on his visit you can bet the hosts are going to do what they need to in order to make sure it happens.

I am sure every staff gives the players some ground rules (most of those probably consist of don't break the law or at least don't get busted doing it) but in the end if you turn a recruit who you are trying to convince to go to your school loose on campus on the weekend with players things are going to happen. Coaches won't direct it but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going to happen.

Unless you change the rules and require recruits to have adult supervision at all times this kind of stuff is going to happen and it goes on everywhere (maybe not to the level of what happened on September 2nd) but if a recruit wants to get drunk or laid on his visit you can bet the hosts are going to do what they need to in order to make sure it happens.

I am sure every staff gives the players some ground rules (most of those probably consist of don't break the law or at least don't get busted doing it) but in the end if you turn a recruit who you are trying to convince to go to your school loose on campus on the weekend with players things are going to happen. Coaches won't direct it but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going to happen.

This happens on every level as well.

D3 soccer recruits go down to Luther college and get drunk for a weekend as well.

Players are adults so I will cut them no slack. If a recruit is visiting just for the two items you listed we shouldn't want him. I am guessing most of the team are responsible men and shouldn't be hard to match some visiting recruits with people who will show them the U. Why this recruit was stuck with these scum bags is really to bad. Didn't the recruit say in the report that this school is messed up.

Players are adults so I will cut them no slack. If a recruit is visiting just for the two items you listed we shouldn't want him. I am guessing most of the team are responsible men and shouldn't be hard to match some visiting recruits with people who will show them the U. Why this recruit was stuck with these scum bags is really to bad. Didn't the recruit say in the report that this school is messed up.

There are absolutely recruits that take a visit just for the star treatment they get. You get coaches and players fawning over you and doing everything they can to convince you to come to their school.

Smart teams will cater to what the recruit wants within reason. If a kid wants to party, they party....if a kid wants a wholesome experience I am sure they would get that as well.

Smart teams will cater to what the recruit wants within reason. If a kid wants to party, they party....if a kid wants a wholesome experience I am sure they would get that as well.

This is completely true. I have friends in other Gopher sports besides football, and they definitely take the kid partying to give 'em a little taste of what campus is like. I mean as long as it's within reason, whatever. My brother plays football at another school, and when he visited they asked him what he wanted to do. He doesn't party or drink, so they ended up going to the school's hockey game and going back and playing Madden at one of the guys' house. He loved it and ended up going there. So while it's about catering to what the kid wants, athletes need to know when a situation or certain party is too dangerous or ridiculous and be able to use their judgement to not put the recruit in that position. These athletes clearly were incapable of that.

Help my memory - who was the recruit who went to a strip bar on a recruiting visit? I think Channel 9 made a stink about it.

Lydon Murtha; if my memory holds, he was verbally committed to the Gophers, came down to campus from Hutchinson, found himself a girl that his parents were not happy with, and abruptly the commitment was switched to Nebraska.

what good is it if it is glass? Seems like there would be the potential for breaking at an awkward time

Top Bottom