Billingsley Report: Minnie at #41 and climbing

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Just a few notable schools that we are ahead of this week:

Southern Cal (4-3, #42)
Houston (5-1, #48) Tony Levine, U grad.
Iowa (4-3, #55) The irony!
Illinois (3-3, #65) We own these guys!
North Carolina (1-5, #75) Dropped from schedule!
TCU (3-4, #51) Didn't we add them to the schedule!
Indiana (3-4, #78) Brilliant!

Just a few notable schools that we are ahead of this week:

Southern Cal (4-3, #42)
Houston (5-1, #48) Tony Levine, U grad.
Iowa (4-3, #55) The irony!
Illinois (3-3, #65) We own these guys!
North Carolina (1-5, #75) Dropped from schedule!
TCU (3-4, #51) Didn't we add them to the schedule!
Indiana (3-4, #78) Brilliant!

I absolutely love my Golden Gophers. Love the program and its direction. Love Jerry Kill and Co. To suggest that they should be ranked ahead of Iowa is utterly foolish. What a stupid service. I no longer will respect any of their rankings. What a joke.

Billingsley has been around since the 1800's. They start with a number and if you win you go up, you lose you go down. How far up is based on team higher than you. If you lose to a team below you, you drop further. Minnesota beating Northwestern higher rated team puts them up further. Iowa dropping games to Michigan State, Ohio State, and Northern Illinois falls but not as far as their record indicates. The Billingsley Report favors teams trending up, over teams losing successive weeks. If a Northwestern team on a 3 game slide beats Iowa they will drop even further. They would be 4-4 and probably at 60 to 65. If the Gophers beat Nebraska they will probably move to 35.

Looking at UNC's 1-5 record just makes me fuming mad. We would have beat them going away this year.

Anyone have the pet peeve of Minnesota being called Minnie? I find it annoying maybe like people from San Francisco think Frisco is annoying. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest :)

Anyone have the pet peeve of Minnesota being called Minnie? I find it annoying maybe like people from San Francisco think Frisco is annoying. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest :)

+1

Ain'ts, Cheese Heads, Whiskey, Minnie, Viqueens, Hogeyes, The Glitter Kitties, Duh Bears, The Tar Heels (no comment), the Cobbers (no kidding - with a cluck, cluck here, a cluck cluck there), The Nads, The Dirtbags.

Minnie still isn't as bad as these real kids names: Ivana Tinkle, Dinner Ware, Gamble Moore, Lust Garten, or Clover Field.

I think the Gopher name is still an anachronism of the 19th century. Minnie is a diminutive, I'll agree. But, who really cares?

Top Bottom