Bill Lynch and staff fired

Sorry to hear that, but too bad so sad. The players wanted one more year with him, but nobody at the universities cares what the players want.

Great Opportunity for Jeff Horton and Co.?

I'd love to see Horton get the opportunity he deserves after this years "interim - tryout" situation over the last 5 Big Ten games. Since the IU job can't be considered that glamorous...why not Horton?

I thought Lynch was doing a decent job in a miserable situation. One dropped pass from beating Iowa.

I thought Lynch was doing a decent job in a miserable situation. One dropped pass from beating Iowa.
I thought so too. I guess I can't blame them though.

I feel really bad for Bill Lynch too, it was unreal how close they were to another bowl game. I thought he was doing a decent job at Indiana considering the circumstances. It must be just as frustrating to be an Indiana football fan. It sucks that the nice guys aren't the best coaches.

He twice almost beat Michigan, and they got horribly screwed out of it last year. But he's better off leaving this year as they are going to be much worse next year. They did have 4 non-conference wins this year, but they played little sister's of the poor twice and two other really lousy teams. That's a job I'd want less than the Minnesota job for sure. Although for 1.5 million, I'd listen...

Heh, Dungy apparently a Hoosier as well as a Gopher. Per a tweet from Adam Rittenburg, Dungy is consulting with Indiana on their head coaching search.

Heh, Dungy apparently a Hoosier as well as a Gopher. Per a tweet from Adam Rittenburg, Dungy is consulting with Indiana on their head coaching search.

Wow. If true, how strange.

If your going to do a diverse hiring seach contacting Dungy makes sense.

They have been pulling in pretty good recruiting classes the last couple of years. I think this was a mistake by Indiana. I guess it's easy to say that from a distance.

If Wisconsin had scored 79 instead of 83, I bet Lynch is still the coach.

Top Bottom