Big Ten West has officially been flipped on its head.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Preseason it was supposed to be Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota battling for the top spot. As we sit here today, Purdue and Illinois easily look like the best teams in the West. They don't meet till week 11 but if things continue on their current trajectory that game could be for the division. I still think 3 conference losses likely eliminates you from contention, so with that in mind:

Contenders - 1 conference loss
Illinois - Team looks solid on offense and defense. Inexplicable loss to Indiana but they look good.

Purdue - Couldn't get it done against Penn State but they are solid and have a very favorable schedule

Have to win out to have any shot - the 2 loss crowd
Minnesota - Hard to have much confidence in our squad right now but after PSU game the schedule looks surprisingly soft the rest of the way.

Nebraska - Assuming they aren't going to make a comeback against Purdue. Don't really see how they win out but hey technically they are not eliminated yet.

Northwestern - On a bye so couldn't lose 3rd conference game. Won't take long for it to happen.

Iowa - Also on a bye but have Ohio State next.....so yeah I guess technically they still have a shot but it ends next week.

Would take a miracle - 3 losses already
Wisconsin - we steamrolled MSU at their place. Sconnie ended up losing in OT (should have lost in regulation). Probably still reach bowl eligibility but no guarantee.

Would take a miracle - 3 losses already
Wisconsin - we steamrolled MSU at their place. Sconnie ended up losing in OT (should have lost in regulation). Probably still reach bowl eligibility but no guarantee.

At 3-4.....with five games remaining.....I don't think Wisconsin becomes bowl eligible. Purdue, Maryland, @Iwoa, @Nebraska, and the Gophers. Nebraska is the only game I think they win.

Top Bottom