Big Ten TV

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
What're they doing next year. Today's OSU and MSU games aren't televised. Michigan seems to hae a lot of games on during the year. Can't think we will get more tv exposure next year. Living on the East Coast I'm hoping to get all of the games next year.

Well, you have to think that having one Big Ten team playing another Big Ten team, MORE often next year than has occurred in the past, should increase the chances of that game getting shown on the BTN.

I mean, its just simple math, right?!

I imagine there will be a game on every Friday night. At least you would think.

gophersfan, who some think is a future gopher hockey player, says the games will be played on Sundays and Mondays. Which is true seems to indicate that the BTN wants to have more hockey games shown, and doesn't want them to go head to head with cbb. It sucks for hockey, that they get 2nd class status and cbb is given priority, but its good that they are doing that because they want to show all of those games on the BTN. Will make for a full weekend, but I think I might like it better, in the winter I don't have a lot to do, and seem to go some nights with nothing to do or watch, but then Friday nights and all day Saturday is just one big mess of half a dozen games all going on at the same time that I want to watch. It's crazy.

gophersfan, who some think is a future gopher hockey player, says the games will be played on Sundays and Mondays. Which is true seems to indicate that the BTN wants to have more hockey games shown, and doesn't want them to go head to head with cbb. It sucks for hockey, that they get 2nd class status and cbb is given priority, but its good that they are doing that because they want to show all of those games on the BTN. Will make for a full weekend, but I think I might like it better, in the winter I don't have a lot to do, and seem to go some nights with nothing to do or watch, but then Friday nights and all day Saturday is just one big mess of half a dozen games all going on at the same time that I want to watch. It's crazy.

I was thinking about picking up Gopher season tickets for hockey at some point. If their games would move to Sunday/Monday, that would completely kill my season ticket idea. YUCK. Having games on work/school days is the main reason I have never considered Gopher Bball season tickets. I love the way Gopher hockey games are almost always on Friday and Saturday nights. Finish a week of work, and look forward to a few cocktails and taking in some Gopher puck on Friday and Saturday night. Sunday and Monday games would not only conflict with wanting to be home on a work night, but it would also conflict with the NFL for much of the season. I sure hope that isn't true. Friday night isn't a basketball conflict and with Saturday being open all day, one would think they'd find a way to get three hockey games fit in among all the basketball games on BTN.

Well, you have to think that having one Big Ten team playing another Big Ten team, MORE often next year than has occurred in the past, should increase the chances of that game getting shown on the BTN.

I mean, its just simple math, right?!

No, it isn't. Right now, every Gopher game is televised with the exception of a few remote road trips (MTU, AA, etc.). Under a scenario where all six teams are playing each other, there will be three games. Assuming they all start at 7:30 local time, all three games will be within an hour of each other. Unless, they are all shown on overflow channels, then someone will be left out.

No, it isn't. Right now, every Gopher game is televised with the exception of a few remote road trips (MTU, AA, etc.). Under a scenario where all six teams are playing each other, there will be three games. Assuming they all start at 7:30 local time, all three games will be within an hour of each other. Unless, they are all shown on overflow channels, then someone will be left out.

I haven't heard if/how Big Ten conference membership means the end of FSN's contractual ability to broadcast Gopher Hockey. Is this the case?

Go Gophers!

I haven't heard if/how Big Ten conference membership means the end of FSN's contractual ability to broadcast Gopher Hockey. Is this the case?

Go Gophers!

I was under the impression that FSN would get a chance at any games that weren't claimed by BTN, in the same way that FSN gets any pro sports games that aren't claimed by Fox, NBC, CBS, ESPN, etc. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was thinking about picking up Gopher season tickets for hockey at some point. If their games would move to Sunday/Monday, that would completely kill my season ticket idea. YUCK. I love the way Gopher hockey games are almost always on Friday and Saturday nights. Finish a week of work, and look forward to a few cocktails and taking in some Gopher puck on Friday and Saturday night.

That makes two of us.

Top Bottom