Big Ten Tournament Bracket (through Wednesday)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Thursday, March 12 (1st Round)
11 a.m. (BTN) -- #8 Michigan (8-9) vs. #9 Northwestern (8-9)
1:30 p.m. (ESPN2) -- #7 Ohio State (9-8) vs. #10 **Iowa (4-13)
4 p.m. (ESPN2) -- #6 Wisconsin (9-8) vs. #11 **Indiana (1-16)

Friday, March 13 (Quarterfinals)
11 a.m. (ESPN) -- #1 **Michigan State (14-3) vs. Michigan/Northwestern winner
1:30 p.m. (ESPN) -- #4 Penn State (9-7) vs. #5 GOPHERS (9-8)
5:30 p.m. (BTN) -- #2 Illinois (11-6) vs. Ohio State/Iowa winner
8 p.m. -- (BTN) #3 Purdue (11-6) vs. Wisconsin/Indiana winner

**denotes locked in to seed

Here are the Badgers seeding scenarios if they beat Indiana. There are a couple in particular I would like to avoid. In 3 of the 9 scenarios we play Minnesota in the 4/5 game. It is quite clear we are not beating Minnesota this year. Pass.

Ohio State beats NW, Minny defeats Michigan, Penn State wins both of their remaining 2 games - We are the 6 seed. We play Indiana and then either Purdue (if they lose to MSU) or Illinois (if Purdue beats MSU).
Ohio State beats NW, Minny defeats Michigan, Penn State loses at least one of their remaining 2 games - We are the 5 seed. We play Minnesota in the 4/5 game.
Ohio State beats NW, Minny loses to Michigan, Penn State sweeps remaining 2 games - We are the 5 seed. We play Penn State in the 4/5 game
Ohio State beats NW, Minny loses to Michigan, Penn State loses at least 1 of their remaining 2 games - We are the 4 seed. We play Ohio State in the 4/5 game
Ohio State loses to NW, Minny beats to Michigan, Penn State wins both of their remaining 2 games - We are the 6 seed. We play Indiana and then either Purdue (if they lose to MSU) or Illinois (if they beat Purdue)
Ohio State loses to NW, Minny beats to Michigan, Penn State loses at least 1 of their remaining 2 games - We are the 5 seed. We play Minnesota in the 4/5 game.

Ohio State loses to NW, Minny loses to Michigan, Penn State wins both of their remaining 2 games - We are the 5 seed. We play Penn State in the 4/5 game.
Ohio State loses to NW, Minny loses to Michigan, Penn State wins one of their remaining 2 games - We are the 4 seed. We play Ohio State the 4/5 game.
Ohio State loses to NW, Minny loses to Michigan, Penn State loses both of their remaining 2 games - We are the 4 seed. We play Minnesota in the 4/5 game.

Interesting perspective. As a Gopher fan I'd prefer we not play the Badgers again. We finally hold the edge (in a season series), but I don't want the Badgers to get the opportunity for the last word. No disrespect to Penn State, but if given a choice that's the team I want the Gophers to play in the 4-5 game. I'll take my chances with the Nitts as opposed to having to beat the Badgers for a third time. Match-up wise I think that would be the Gophers' "best path" to the semifinals.

Interesting perspective. As a Gopher fan I'd prefer we not play the Badgers again. We finally hold the edge (in a season series), but I don't want the Badgers to get the opportunity for the last word. No disrespect to Penn State, but if given a choice that's the team I want the Gophers to play in the 4-5 game. I'll take my chances with the Nitts as opposed to having to beat the Badgers for a third time. Match-up wise I think that would be the Gophers' "best path" to the semifinals.

100% agree.

Yikes

It looks like if we beat Michigan, unless PSU sweeps it will be UMvUW. I for one don't like PSU's chances of winning 2 on the road to end the season. Illinois is better than PSU and Iowa has been a tough get at home.

Or I guess we could cheer hard for Indiana!

Then come out all the "It's tough to beat a team 3 times" lines...

Though I guess here's to using the Badgers to get Westbrook rolling for the tourney :).

It looks like if we beat Michigan, unless PSU sweeps it will be UMvUW. I for one don't like PSU's chances of winning 2 on the road to end the season. Illinois is better than PSU and Iowa has been a tough get at home.

Or I guess we could cheer hard for Indiana!

Then come out all the "It's tough to beat a team 3 times" lines...

Though I guess here's to using the Badgers to get Westbrook rolling for the tourney :).

PSU has one at home and one on the road, vs. ILL and @ Iowa. And they have already won @ MSU and @ Illinois already this season. Wouldn't shock me at all if they won their last two at all.

Top Bottom