Big Ten strength of schedule rankings 2024 (10. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per CBS:

10team logo

Minnesota
Minnesota's noncon this season isn't too difficult, though it does begin with a home game against North Carolina. Also, the Gophers will spend a lot of time at home early in the year, as six of their first eight games (including the first four) are in Minneapolis, though that run does include games against Iowa and USC. The first road game is against Michigan, and three of their final four games are on the road against Illinois, Rutgers and Wisconsin. Oh, and the lone home game in that stretch is vs. Penn State. The Gophers may want to stack up wins early.

Go Gophers!!

I’ve been ridiculed for saying this, but last years schedule was more difficult than this years. iMo
I agree, for a couple reasons. I think the changes to Michigan and North Carolina is one factor. The Wolverines are still the Wolverines and Mack Brown is still Mack Brown, but those rosters will be different.

Not that those become wins, but in terms of schedule strength, it makes an impact. Another reason is who the Gophers don't play. The 2024 season, doesn't have Ohio State and the Gophers avoid Oregon, two big contenders they don't have to play.

Additionally, the non-con has one FCS and one G5, Vs. 2023 with two G5 teams in Louisiana and Eastern Michigan. Minnesota is expected to win either way, but again, if we're looking simply at strength of schedule, that also makes a difference.

I agree, for a couple reasons. I think the changes to Michigan and North Carolina is one factor. The Wolverines are still the Wolverines and Mack Brown is still Mack Brown, but those rosters will be different.

Not that those become wins, but in terms of schedule strength, it makes an impact. Another reason is who the Gophers don't play. The 2024 season, doesn't have Ohio State and the Gophers avoid Oregon, two big contenders they don't have to play.

Additionally, the non-con has one FCS and one G5, Vs. 2023 with two G5 teams in Louisiana and Eastern Michigan. Minnesota is expected to win either way, but again, if we're looking simply at strength of schedule, that also makes a difference.
Pfff more like Ohio State and Oregon avoid us!!! 😎

Top Bottom