Big Ten still no Top 10 picks since 2009

Stan

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Since 2009, Top 10 NFL Picks by conference: SEC 23, Big-12 16, ACC 9, Pac-12 8, MAC 2, AAC 1, BYU 1, Big Ten 0.</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/464590597320634369">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At least the Big Ten did get 4 picks in round one this year, much better than 2013 where there was only one - and that was the 31st pick (C Travis Frederick, Wisky)

Its embarrassing. The freaking ACC has done a better job recruiting the past couple of years then the Big Ten.

If we're going for bragging rights on level of quality wouldn't it make more sense to break down the annual pro-bowl rosters or similar recognition by conference. By team starters? Players that have accomplished something in the league rather than fallible evaluations by biased observers? Not to say the pro bowl rosters are perfect, put your keyboards away.

If we're going for bragging rights on level of quality wouldn't it make more sense to break down the annual pro-bowl rosters or similar recognition by conference. By team starters? Players that have accomplished something in the league rather than fallible evaluations by biased observers? Not to say the pro bowl rosters are perfect, put your keyboards away.

Agreed. Given what Watt and Russell Wilson have accomplished I have to believe that, in retrospect, both may have been the #1 picks in their respective drafts (although Wilson may still have a hard time overcoming Andrew Luck). Definitely top 3 at the least. The draft is like the HS recruiting services in many ways...a very imperfect science where errors are made regularly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Since 2009, Top 10 NFL Picks by conference: SEC 23, Big-12 16, ACC 9, Pac-12 8, MAC 2, AAC 1, BYU 1, Big Ten 0.</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/464590597320634369">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I give exactly zero sh!ts about this stat.

Why do you think Kill and his staff are recruiting the Southeast so hard? I believe we've about 20 scholarships available for 2015. I bet we don't take more than 5 kids from the Midwest ( excluding Canada ) Excluding walk ons,
Only two from Minnesota.

Why do you think Kill and his staff are recruiting the Southeast so hard? I believe we've about 20 scholarships available for 2015. I bet we don't take more than 5 kids from the Midwest ( excluding Canada ) Excluding walk ons,
Only two from Minnesota.

Come on Ruppert. You know every team is recruiting the South East. That's nothing new or special. Just this year we've learned that the #1 recruit in the nation (out of high school) from MN isn't even a 1st round draft pick and may not get selected at all.

I give exactly zero sh!ts about this stat.

+100. The only way to compete with the SEC is to be more like them. If the Big Ten decides to go that way I will give up my Gopher season tickets and find something else to do with my money. If you have to lower your standards and sell your soul to win a Division I football championship then who wants it? A Big 10 title is a worthy enough football goal for me.

+100. The only way to compete with the SEC is to be more like them. If the Big Ten decides to go that way I will give up my Gopher season tickets and find something else to do with my money. If you have to lower your standards and sell your soul to win a Division I football championship then who wants it? A Big 10 title is a worthy enough football goal for me.

Everybody in the Southeast, the trash heap of the country. Those two subjects are not merely coincidental.

I don't agree with Ruppert! I see our twenty signings as being split 10 from the traditional Big 10 footprint, 8 from the Southeast and Texas and two outside of it.

Top Bottom