Big Ten Power rankings

OK, this has gotten out of hand.

Well, power rankings are an indication of how a team is playing in the present moment, not necessarily taking into account the whole year. If you look at it objectively, Minnesota is tied atop the Big Ten Standings and just beat the other presumed #1 team who has the same Big Ten record with a worse overall record.

Agreed - I certainly get the reluctance, but empirically, who else can you say is the best team in the B10 right now? Weird being the prom queen...

Another B1G power ranking

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not to get overly excited, but hey guys! WE AREN'T 14th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG

Yeah this is way too much to process right now. Be interesting to see how we handle things moving forward. Uncharted territory for everyone in the program. Exhibit A is how the coaches have already adjusted defending Mason after his big game at Purdue (bigger, longer defenders on high ball screens, etc), hence the recent struggles.

Awesome start by the entire team and coaches. This is why before the season i said 10-8 is the least that should be expected and that they should expect to compete at the top of the BIG10. There are very few teams that they can not stay with. Several really nice pieces on this roster and kudos to the staff for getting them to play together.

The Purdue writer really is sold on Minnesota. Always difficult to be objective through my Maroon colored glasses. I think the team and Mason will adapt to opponents defensive concentration on him. The other guys just have to step up and we need to continue to move the ball and change sides of the floor. McBrayer needs to play with confidence. Coffey needs to assert himself. And somebody else needs to step up when Springs isn't hot...like Curry did versus Purdue etc. Finding offense will be the reason we get beat...we hold the fort defensively but we have long scary scoring draughts...including missed free throws that could make things so much easier, including the Michigan State loss.

Top Bottom