Big Ten Power Rankings: BTN has MN #4; ESPN has MN #8

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

4. Minnesota (2-0). The Golden Gophers continue to win the old-fashion way: with strong defense and a physical ground game. The passing attack? It still needs work. Minnesota will struggle to leave TCU next week with a win unless the aerial attack picks up. We’re waiting, Mitch Leidner.
Last week: 8
Up next: at TCU

http://btn.com/2014/09/07/power-rankings-michigan-state-still-leads-big-ten-in-latest-poll/

per ESPN:

8. Minnesota Golden Gophers
Record: 2-0 overall, 0-0 conference
Just keep right on looking past the Gophers, who won with an efficient performance behind David Cobb's 220 yards. In a watered-down West Division, Minnesota is again set up nicely to make some noise.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/106855/big-ten-power-rankings-week-2-7

Go Gophers!!

8 seems a little low and 4 seems a little high. I'd put us right in the middle of that around 6. The West division is wide open.

8 seems a little low and 4 seems a little high. I'd put us right in the middle of that around 6. The West division is wide open.

I fear the games had best be completed before some posters around here start celebrating wins that MIGHT happen... I hope for the best and never "count" on anything until it has happened. Teams that look really soft or suspect have a way of toughening up and getting better in October and November. I hope my Golden Gophers age well during the next couple of months as well.

Rutgers is ranked sixth on ESPN. I'm sure glad they don't have a NE bias. :rolleyes:

Rutgers with the most impressive non-conference win by any team in the B1G so far and your going with the ESPN bias card because they have Rutgers ranked sixth. :confused:

Rutgers with the most impressive non-conference win by any team in the B1G so far and your going with the ESPN bias card because they have Rutgers ranked sixth. :confused:

A win over Wazzu isn't exactly impressive. That's the best of a bad lot, and saying it's the best is debatable.

I would rank

1. MSU
2. Wisconsin
3. Ohio State
4. Penn State
5. Maryland

I agree with your top 4.

I also think Wisconsin is being vastly underrated by almost everyone on this board. They are gonna sleepwalk to 6-0 in the conference and will be much better by the time they take on Iowa and us.

I agree with your top 4.

I also think Wisconsin is being vastly underrated by almost everyone on this board. They are gonna sleepwalk to 6-0 in the conference and will be much better by the time they take on Iowa and us.

Ya, I think you're right. I should of just stopped at 4, and then I threw Maryland in there because I wanted to do 5. Not so sure on 5.

Top Bottom