Big Ten Power Rankings: BTN/ESPN Both Have Gophers #11

BleedGopher

Reaction score
BTN:

11. Minnesota (4-2, 0-2). A 4-0 start has melted into a 4-2 reality. The offense continues to struggle for big plays and balance. And the Jerry Kill seizure issue certainly doesn’t help matters.
Last week: 10
Up next: Off; at Northwestern

http://btn.com/2013/10/06/power-rankings-ohio-state-solidifies-top-billing-again/

ESPN:

11. Minnesota (4-2, 0-2; last week: 10): It has been a rough few weeks both on and off the field for the Gophers, who dropped their second straight game and played without head coach Jerry Kill, who remained in Minneapolis after suffering another seizure Saturday morning. Minnesota enters an off week, which will put more attention on Kill and his health. The Gophers once again lack enough explosiveness on offense to do much damage against Big Ten defenses. Minnesota resumes play Oct. 19 at Northwestern.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/85753/big-ten-power-rankings-week-6-6

Go Gophers!!

Why couldn't we have Illinois and Purdue on our schedule this year? Going bowling looks like a big stretch now

Why couldn't we have Illinois and Purdue on our schedule this year? Going bowling looks like a big stretch now

It is a really sad state of affairs when we need to pray that we get a certain conference schedule just to eek out two conference wins. If we are so noncompetitive that we can not find two upsets in eight cracks at it, then it is time for a change. I do not believe that is the case, I cannot imagine this staff is incompetent enough to go 0-8 or 1-7 (I know I have said this before, but Horton was able to beat a top 25 team with a roster that went 1-6 before he took over).

Funny, I didn't know the staff was the one's playing the game.

Sooner than later we are going to have a significant win to talk about. The Iowa loss stung a lot more than the loss to UM, but despite the score, I saw a better team on the field in Ann Arbor. If the kids stay the course and keep their heads up (which many at the GH are too impatient to do) they will see the fruits of their efforts sooner than later.

As for Horton getting a win...have you ever heard the phrase..."Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile"? Your "snapshot" mentality is exactly why the Gophers have been living in the seedy underbelly of the B1G for the past 50 years. I'm going to wait on this coaching staff to build something that is more enduring than just a "snapshot".

It is a really sad state of affairs when we need to pray that we get a certain conference schedule just to eek out two conference wins. If we are so noncompetitive that we can not find two upsets in eight cracks at it, then it is time for a change. I do not believe that is the case, I cannot imagine this staff is incompetent enough to go 0-8 or 1-7 (I know I have said this before, but Horton was able to beat a top 25 team with a roster that went 1-6 before he took over).

Funny, I didn't know the staff was the one's playing the game.

Sooner than later we are going to have a significant win to talk about. The Iowa loss stung a lot more than the loss to UM, but despite the score, I saw a better team on the field in Ann Arbor. If the kids stay the course and keep their heads up (which many at the GH are too impatient to do) they will see the fruits of their efforts sooner than later.

As for Horton getting a win...have you ever heard the phrase..."Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile"? Your "snapshot" mentality is exactly why the Gophers have been living in the seedy underbelly of the B1G for the past 50 years. I'm going to wait on this coaching staff to build something that is more enduring than just a "snapshot".

The blind squirrel might find a nut every once in a while, but I would still expect the squirrel with good vision to find more nuts and find them at a higher rate.

(I know I have said this before, but Horton was able to beat a top 25 team with a roster that went 1-6 before he took over).

And Kill took a 1-6 team and beat a 5-2 Iowa team that was receiving votes and was just outside the top 25.

Top Bottom