Big Ten notes: P.J. Fleck recalls antsy moments of Nebraska win

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Sam:

P.J. Fleck spoke it into existence.

Late in Minnesota’s 13-10 win over Nebraska to start the 2023 season, the Gophers trailed 10-3 with fewer than five minutes left. Fleck was antsy, he recalled Thursday at Big Ten Media Days, and so he barked at his then-defensive coordinator, Joe Rossi.

“JOE!” Fleck said into his Lucas Oil Stadium microphone, simulating the moment. “We need a damn TAKEAWAY!”

On the next play, Fleck said, the Gophers forced a fumble of Husker running back Anthony Grant.
“I’m like “Thank you, Joe!” Fleck said. “That’s all I needed. I guess you just have to ask and you’ll get one.”

Minnesota got another with 58 seconds left in the game when NU quarterback Jeff Sims threw an interception. The Gophers proceeded to win the game with a field goal.

Go Gophers!!

On the next play, Fleck said, the Gophers forced a fumble of Husker running back Anthony Grant.
“I’m like “Thank you, Joe!” Fleck said. “That’s all I needed. I guess you just have to ask and you’ll get one.”
Seems simple enough, might be something we try more often this season

Joe, we just need to not give up 21 in the last ten minutes of the fourth quarter...
Joe, we need to not shit ourselves.
Sorry coach. By the way, do you have any shit tickets? My pants are full.

Top Bottom