Big Ten Network on Dish

rrjackIII

Reaction score
I see Dish and FOX Sports are now battling. TWINS on Fox Sports North no longer available to DISH customers. I read somewhere that other FOX News channels contracts with DISH are up at the end of this month. Is Big Ten Network on DISH in any jeopardy?

I switched to DISH a few years ago when the battle was on with the cable companies and Big Ten Network. I see we will not be able to watch the Timberpuppies this year either. Not too big of a loss. But by next Spring for the TWINS (or earlier if Big Ten Network is affected this year) I will need to explore other options?

Most of my information regarding all this DISH DIRECT & Cable info for Gopher BBall came from Gopher Hole. Any thoughts - suggestions - ideas?

I see Dish and FOX Sports are now battling. TWINS on Fox Sports North no longer available to DISH customers. I read somewhere that other FOX News channels contracts with DISH are up at the end of this month. Is Big Ten Network on DISH in any jeopardy?

I switched to DISH a few years ago when the battle was on with the cable companies and Big Ten Network. I see we will not be able to watch the Timberpuppies this year either. Not too big of a loss. But by next Spring for the TWINS (or earlier if Big Ten Network is affected this year) I will need to explore other options?

Most of my information regarding all this DISH DIRECT & Cable info for Gopher BBall came from Gopher Hole. Any thoughts - suggestions - ideas?

Dish can't viably be without the Fox family of networks for very long. There's only 3 games left, they're not going to see a massive defection due to that, but being without the Wild/T-wolves, BTN/FNC would cause issues pretty quickly.

I just noticed that when I tried to check out the twins game today, what a joke.

If you don't have a contract with Dish - I'd bail & go with DirecTV. They will offer you Sunday Ticket/Red Zone Channel free for the next 3 months...plus the sports package (all Fox regional channels) ..

It's going to be a showdown over who blinks first, Dish or Fox. Love the spin where each corporation is fighting for the customer against the other greedy corporation. Was going to ride it out with Dish. The Twins regular season is basically over. Baseball playoffs and pro and college football could get me through missing the early season games of the Wolves, Wild, and Gopher hockey and then they would settle. With those three teams, Dish is probably doing me a favor saving me the aggravation that comes with watching them. This morning, however, I heard Fox increasing the pressure by telling me the same thing could happen to the World Series and NFL football on Fox by the end of the month. Probably switch back to cable if that looks to be the case and again disgusting my wife who couldn't see doing the first switch just so I could get Big Ten Network.

I have a feeling this won't be the last time we're being held hostage.

It's going to be a showdown over who blinks first, Dish or Fox. Love the spin where each corporation is fighting for the customer against the other greedy corporation. Was going to ride it out with Dish. The Twins regular season is basically over. Baseball playoffs and pro and college football could get me through missing the early season games of the Wolves, Wild, and Gopher hockey and then they would settle. With those three teams, Dish is probably doing me a favor saving me the aggravation that comes with watching them. This morning, however, I heard Fox increasing the pressure by telling me the same thing could happen to the World Series and NFL football on Fox by the end of the month. Probably switch back to cable if that looks to be the case and again disgusting my wife who couldn't see doing the first switch just so I could get Big Ten Network.

I have a feeling this won't be the last time we're being held hostage.

I know this is not quite at the same level, but they already pulled ESPNews off of the high def programming due to issues, as well as one of the Nickelodean channels. I have been a pretty loyal customer, but this is starting to get to be a bit much.

I know this is not quite at the same level, but they already pulled ESPNews off of the high def programming due to issues, as well as one of the Nickelodean channels. I have been a pretty loyal customer, but this is starting to get to be a bit much.

+1

When I contacted Dish, they told me Fox is asking for a 55% increase in their fees in negotiations with Dish. I tried to contact Fox to her their perspective, but ended up circling in their voice mail prompts. The local cable (Charter) and Direct TV have contracts in place with Fox. Neither will tell me how long their existing contracts will last. I am guessing that if I switch to Direct TV, I will be facing the same issue with them when thier contract with Fox expires.

When I contacted Dish, they told me Fox is asking for a 55% increase in their fees in negotiations with Dish. I tried to contact Fox to her their perspective, but ended up circling in their voice mail prompts. The local cable (Charter) and Direct TV have contracts in place with Fox. Neither will tell me how long their existing contracts will last. I am guessing that if I switch to Direct TV, I will be facing the same issue with them when thier contract with Fox expires.

DirecTV is owned by...Rupert Murdoch. Fox is owned by...Rupert Murdoch. Therefore, you will never have that issue with DirecTV. They are a bit expensive, but generally if you are a sports fan, they are your best bet. From Sunday Ticket to Mega March Madness (no longer relavent though). Every Twins game is in HD. All BTN games are in HD, even if they're on the over-flow channels. All Sunday Ticket games are in HD. All ESPN Chanels including ESPNU are in HD.

The only channel they've ever taken away (that I actually noticed) was Versus. It was gone for about 3 months but is back now. They've come close to having issues with Nickelodian/TNT/TBS group but never pulled them down.

Top Bottom