Big Ten Network.com

Are you going to watch Gopher games on BTN.com for 2.99?

• Yes

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

station19

Reaction score
Who is or isn't planning to view some or all Gopher games on bigtennetwork.com and pay the price of 2.99? And any other comments. Has anyone viewed in the past and what is your experience?

YES

NO

UNDECIDED

I'm not real happy about it, but, yes I'll pay the 3.00 to view. If I had the option to pay for the games we'll miss on ESPNU or whatever other network I don't have access to I'd probably pony up a few bucks to watch those as well.

I'm not real happy about it, but, yes I'll pay the 3.00 to view. If I had the option to pay for the games we'll miss on ESPNU or whatever other network I don't have access to I'd probably pony up a few bucks to watch those as well.

This is my feeling as well.

Yeah, I'll pay the stinkin 2.99.

I watched some of the streamed games last year, and they weren't to bad. Except sometimes the camera guy forgot to follow the ball, and my internet connection isn't great, and they forgot to cut the audio from the announcers during commercials (actually kinda funny), and...

fyi if you have comcast digital cable (minneapolis/st. paul & western wisconsin) then i believe you should also have access to ESPNU. they moved if off of their sports-pack tier and onto the "regular" system a couple months back (along with nfl network, nba network, nhl network).

fyi if you have comcast digital cable (minneapolis/st. paul & western wisconsin) then i believe you should also have access to ESPNU. they moved if off of their sports-pack tier and onto the "regular" system a couple months back (along with nfl network, nba network, nhl network).

True story. It is up in the 700s if you don't often get up that far.

I emailed the BigTen Network about this, and got the standard 'we are happy to show these games that we normally would not be able to' bs .... so yes in protest, I'll be watching tonight.

The big 10 net. did not have the game listed on the tv schedule for tonight. I did not know about the $2.99. I,ll pay it if I can get it here in Louisville, but not happy about the $2.99 on top of $85.00 a month direct tv bill. Go Gophers.

My feeling is that if you pay, they win.

If they are boycotted, they'll think about the charges.

After everything that went on this week it was therapy of sorts to watch the team play. Even for the 2.99 price. The feed was a little grainy at times but overall not bad.

I even thought Spence did a decent job.

Quality

The streaming was much better than last year but sporadic. Sometimes I had to reload the page to "unfreeze" the video. Others times the stream would get into a loop like it was trying to catch up and I'd have to reload again.

Much better picture but not very good performance.

Anybody else have that problem?

Worked great for me. Good quality video. Had a few artifacts, but no loops or freezes. Spencer was actually not that bad. Good for him to get some practice in before the season starts as well.

Top Bottom