Big Ten media pick Gophers to finish last in division; Michigan, Wisconsin favored

this is what 3-9 and a conf. split into divisions gets you. If we still had 1 conf. we would not be last. 3-9 yes, but not last.

I' take Michigan State to repeat. They have recently owned the other Michigan team.

this is what 3-9 and a conf. split into divisions gets you. If we still had 1 conf. we would not be last. 3-9 yes, but not last.

No, we probably wouldn't be last. We would be 11th out of 12. Woo-hoo!!!

With PSU and OSU out, the slotted BIG bowl bids just became real attractive.

Gives us a better chance to impress! haha.

This is how i see it going:

Leaders Division

1. Wisconsin (19 first-place votes)
2. Ohio State (5)
3. Purdue
4. Penn State
5. Illinois
6. Indiana

Legends Division

1. Michigan
2. Nebraska
3. Michigan State
4. Iowa
5. Minnesota
6. Northwestern

I think with a year of B1G play under their belt, Nebraska will make a push but fall short to Michigan. I also think Minnesota and Iowa are neck and neck till the final week (We will lose to Michigan St. hence the 5th place finish). I also think the Penn State sanctions will really start to take effect starting next year. They will skid by fine this season as I can't see a ton of guys transferring out.

That's what I thought of when Penn State's sanctions were announced. The most "winnable" conference games are probably the home games against Purdue and Northwestern, teams we'd likely be battling for bowl positioning. Take those, somehow get to seven wins, and we could end up playing in a New Year's Day bowl by default (the two sweetest words in the English language).

Penn State 4th? Suuuuuure. The mindset of these kids is going to be mush. Knowing they aren't playing for jack sh-t. If they start out bad, they might not win a B1G game

Penn State 4th? Suuuuuure. The mindset of these kids is going to be mush. Knowing they aren't playing for jack sh-t. If they start out bad, they might not win a B1G game

The ones that don't want to be there will transfer out. The rest are there to play football.

popeyoung5 said:

Great point. Crack the top eight and play on NYD? Hopefully two one loss teams at the top to lift everyone else a notch.

Rose, BCS@large, CapOne, Outback, Gator, Ticket City

The top 3 teams in the conference this year are all in the Legends.
And likely 6 of the top 8 or 9, in my opinion.

Delaney Balance

Top Bottom