Big Ten Football: Top 25 2022 NFL Draft Prospects to Watch (Mohamed Ibrahim, RB, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

Mohamed Ibrahim, RB, Minnesota​

Teams in need of a running back would be wise to give Ibrahim a deep look. He was the only 1,000-yard rusher in the Big Ten in 2020, with 15 touchdowns on the ground in just seven games.

Go Gophers!!

per Athlon:

Mohamed Ibrahim, RB, Minnesota​

Teams in need of a running back would be wise to give Ibrahim a deep look. He was the only 1,000-yard rusher in the Big Ten in 2020, with 15 touchdowns on the ground in just seven games.

Go Gophers!!

I believe Mo will be an All-American this year, seems like things are lining up perfect for him this year.

I believe Mo will be an All-American this year, seems like things are lining up perfect for him this year.
Biggest ? for RB is always health. If Mo can continue to stay healthy I agree that he is in line for a great year running behind our super experienced offensive line.

Hopefully a few of the other guys can help take some of the load off his shoulders but I would expect Mo to be the focal point of the offense.

Biggest ? for RB is always health. If Mo can continue to stay healthy I agree that he is in line for a great year running behind our super experienced offensive line.

Hopefully a few of the other guys can help take some of the load off his shoulders but I would expect Mo to be the focal point of the offense.

I think we beat OSU convincingly, which by my definition is +10 points. I'll say 38 -24 and Mo goes for 3 TDS and 175 and the college football world is singing our praises until Fleck leaves for the NFL the following week.

He made hay out of the patchwork o-line from last year. No reason to think Mo doesn't put up monster numbers with the o-line that we project to trot out this year.

If David Cobb and Rodney Smith were able to get carries in the NFL, I'm certain Mo will make an active roster somewhere. I honestly think Mo will have a better NFL career than Maroney did (not saying higher draft pick, but just more productive pro career).

If David Cobb and Rodney Smith were able to get carries in the NFL, I'm certain Mo will make an active roster somewhere. I honestly think Mo will have a better NFL career than Maroney did (not saying higher draft pick, but just more productive pro career).
Cobb currently coaches Smith. Maybe the Panthers want an all-Gopher backfield?

No reason Mo can't have a nice NFL career. I don't recall much of him as a pass catcher. Could be the biggest issue

No reason Mo can't have a nice NFL career. I don't recall much of him as a pass catcher. Could be the biggest issue

Yeah, that would be an aspect of his game for him to continue to develop. It doesn't seem like we do a ton of throwing to the RBs under PJ (that I can recall).

And that's awesome - and so serendipitous - that Cobb is getting to coach Rodney. Saw that Tweet of his yesterday.

I believe the GI interview with Kenni Burns identified this as an area they have been working on this offseason.

I have no idea if he is good or bad at it. Just an observation.
I select panic:

Beaker.gif

I see football’s PFF ELO rankings has Iowa number 9 and Bucky 14, OState 3, penn State 19, Indiana 24, Mich. 25 and the Gophers 38. they pick Bucky to win the West.

Yup, we just haven't seen enough to know. Who knows if we'll see much this year either, but NFL teams will be wondering. Mo is very good in pass protection, so if he can catch at all he'll be a very attractive 3rd down option for NFL teams. My current opinion is he'll be a low round pick based on measurables, but he'll wow his NFL team in camp a la James Robinson. Unreal vision, excellent strength/balance, great in pass pro. Again, if he can catch out of the backfield, you've got a real workhorse.

Yup, we just haven't seen enough to know. Who knows if we'll see much this year either, but NFL teams will be wondering. Mo is very good in pass protection, so if he can catch at all he'll be a very attractive 3rd down option for NFL teams. My current opinion is he'll be a low round pick based on measurables, but he'll wow his NFL team in camp a la James Robinson. Unreal vision, excellent strength/balance, great in pass pro. Again, if he can catch out of the backfield, you've got a real workhorse.
This. Very under the radar aspect of his abilities.

There aren't too many guys in the world who are ~200 lbs, who initiate contact and aren't blazing fast that are effective in the NFL. I get worried about the number of hits he'll take.

Then again, most of those things are true (to a lesser extent) of the Big 10.

Mo is one of my favorite Gophers of all time, so it'll be interesting to see what happens to him.

Top Bottom