Big Ten Championship game

Come on challenging a play when your up 46

Bielema would'nt run-up the score or anything unsportmanlike, would he?

I think my thoughts on running up the score are pretty well-documented (I don't mind it, there is a defense whose job it is to stop the carnage, its not the offense's job to stop themselves). Having said that, if I had spent the week leading up to the conference title game being told that I didn't belong there and that I was going to get steamrolled by Nebraska, I would not dream of letting off the gas. Nebraska is embarrassing themselves, and so now I need to vomit as I watch Wisconsin win this game and then go cry myself to sleep.

I hate Wisconsin as much as the next guy, but wow is this impressive. I hate to do it, but I have to give them credit. Might as well drop 70 on Nebraska...

Nebraska should be ashamed of their effort on defense tonight...

So...last week many of the uninformed rubes were all up in arms about Michigan State holding us to 4 yards rushing. Do those same knuckleheads realize MSU held this Wisconsin team to 19 yards at Camp Randall? In am not saying, I am just saying...

Boy I can't Bielema fired his Offensive Line coach midway thru the season. Clearly losing control of the program and doesn't know what he's doing....oh wait

I think my thoughts on running up the score are pretty well-documented (I don't mind it, there is a defense whose job it is to stop the carnage, its not the offense's job to stop themselves). Having said that, if I had spent the week leading up to the conference title game being told that I didn't belong there and that I was going to get steamrolled by Nebraska, I would not dream of letting off the gas. Nebraska is embarrassing themselves, and so now I need to vomit as I watch Wisconsin win this game and then go cry myself to sleep.

Sad part is they are not even really trying to run up the score. They just keep handing it off and Nebraska just keeps letting them run through gapping holes untouched. I could have envisioned a scenario that led to Wisconsin winning this game but never in a million years would i have predicted this kind of total domination. Oh and great news for the rest of the conference this Gordon kid might be better than Ball or White.

Sad part is they are not even really trying to run up the score. They just keep handing it off and Nebraska just keeps letting them run through gapping holes untouched. I could have envisioned a scenario that led to Wisconsin winning this game but never in a million years would i have predicted this kind of total domination. Oh and great news for the rest of the conference this Gordon kid might be better than Ball or White.

Agree

Hello, hello is there anybody out there does anybody care?

So...last week many of the uninformed rubes were all up in arms about Michigan State holding us to 4 yards rushing. Do those same knuckleheads realize MSU held this Wisconsin team to 19 yards at Camp Randall? In am not saying, I am just saying...

THIS! People need to get a grip.

That is pretty crazy to think about.

Excellent point. Expanding it, Big Ten teams beat up on each other, which knocks them out of the rankings (does anyone seriously think Kent State could beat Michigan State?). We played some good teams this year and didn't get blown out 58-0, as so often in the past.

Jeezum, for a conference championship, this game was about an embarrassment, especially given the epic showing Georgia put up against Bama and even UCLA put up against Stanford. There's no explaining it really, how a 10-2 and 12th ranked team could get so thoroughly demolished by a 7-5 squad, but such is the Big 10, at least this season. Kudos to Sconnie for a game really, really, really well played (and trust me, it kills me to say that), but overall I think this reflects poorly on the conference, a joke of a championship game lying atop a joke of a conference season, and we wonder why the Big 10 gets disregarded....

I hate Wisconsin as much as the next guy, but wow is this impressive. I hate to do it, but I have to give them credit. Might as well drop 70 on Nebraska...

Indeed.

Hope Wisky can knock off Stanford. The Big Ten could sure use some good football pub.

Jeezum, for a conference championship, this game was about an embarrassment, especially given the epic showing Georgia put up against Bama and even UCLA put up against Stanford. There's no explaining it really, how a 10-2 and 12th ranked team could get so thoroughly demolished by a 7-5 squad, but such is the Big 10, at least this season. Kudos to Sconnie for a game really, really, really well played (and trust me, it kills me to say that), but overall I think this reflects poorly on the conference, a joke of a championship game lying atop a joke of a conference season, and we wonder why the Big 10 gets disregarded....

After last night it is probably improper to think of the Badgers as 7-5 entering the game. They were 7-2 a month ago with both the ceiling and the floor being the Big Ten Championship game. You don't learn all of those plays In a week. I think they completely took their foot off the gas in an effort to see if Phillips could win with a simple game plan and their base offense. They also rested Borland. They probably do neither under normal circumstances. After last night I think they might have won at least two out of three against MSU, OSU, & PSU under normal circumstances where they were fighting for a spot in the CCG.

After last night it is probably improper to think of the Badgers as 7-5 entering the game. They were 7-2 a month ago with both the ceiling and the floor being the Big Ten Championship game. You don't learn all of those plays In a week. I think they completely took their foot off the gas in an effort to see if Phillips could win with a simple game plan and their base offense. They also rested Borland. They probably do neither under normal circumstances. After last night I think they might have won at least two out of three against MSU, OSU, & PSU under normal circumstances where they were fighting for a spot in the CCG.

Well it's not improper, because they were 7-5, and your record is what it is. We could play what if's, might haves, could haves, and should have been's while splitting hairs well nigh into infinity while angels dance on head of pin, but as Bill Parcell's once so famously said, your record is what it is, and you are who you are.

Anyone could equally play the "Yeah, well if.......", game, but man, do we really need to do that, and would such any such mind-game lessen the disappointment any the less?

Phillips didn't play against Michigan St. Even if they opened up the playbook a little more last night, they probably didn't even have to. The holes the OL were opening up were ridiculous. Those same holes were not there in those last three losses.

Either way, Wisconsin doesn't have to apologize for getting into the game and winning. It's just doesn't look good for the conference when the 6th best team wins the championship.

Phillips didn't play against Michigan St. Even if they opened up the playbook a little more last night, they probably didn't even have to. The holes the OL were opening up were ridiculous. Those same holes were not there in those last three losses.

Either way, Wisconsin doesn't have to apologize for getting into the game and winning. It's just doesn't look good for the conference when the 6th best team wins the championship.

It will look a lot better for the Big Ten if it's 6th best team can knock off Stanford in the Rose Bowl.

Saban can shove it.

I think it's unfair that a school like ND should have to play Alabama when 75% of the students a ND have higher SAT scores than all but the top 5-10% at Alabama. There's a reason Urban Meyer went to Florida instead of Notre Dame and that Les Miles stayed at LSU instead of going to Michigan. It's easy to get kids with a lot of athletic ability and no academic skills admitted. Maybe the SEC should be its own semi-pro league?

It's also unfair that all the bowl games are played within 200 miles of SEC campuses and that Florida hasn't left the state for a non conference game in 25 years. But that's life.

If he doesn't want bad teams in bowl games maybe they shouldn't have lost to Utah. That gem coupled with Boise St.-Oklahoma nearly gave us Kent St. this year.

He could have made his point without throwing the B10 and Wisconsin under the bus.

Top Bottom