Big Ten Basketball Venue Ranking (#1. Williams Arena)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Illinois News Today:

1. Williams Arena The oldest arena in the Minnesota League — the gophers first played there in 1928 — has a basketball “feel” because all the new venues look almost the same.

Go Gophers!!

per Illinois News Today:

1. Williams Arena The oldest arena in the Minnesota League — the gophers first played there in 1928 — has a basketball “feel” because all the new venues look almost the same.

Go Gophers!!

I wonder how players would rank them.

At one point a long time ago it was, but not now. In order to be considered a top venue it requires a great environment and for it to be a difficult place for opponents to win.

Hands down, that goes to Mackey Arena. Purdue fans are nuts (in a good way) and bring it every night.

At one point a long time ago it was, but not now. In order to be considered a top venue it requires a great environment and for it to be a difficult place for opponents to win.

Hands down, that goes to Mackey Arena. Purdue fans are nuts (in a good way) and bring it every night.
I don’t think tough to play at takes away from a venue.

Nebraska is a top 2 venue in big ten football to me and they’ve been giving away free wins to opponents for years now
I’d have them
1) Penn state
2) Nebraska

Mackey is incredible, agreed. I thought the barn and assembly hall in Indiana could get close to as loud years back.

The barn really is as good as it gets when Gophs are competitive.

Way back when, you could feel the whole place shake and not hear the person next to you when the Gophers got going. I don't think it's had that feeling since they "modernized" it. Not that it wasn't needed.

Mackey is incredible, agreed. I thought the barn and assembly hall in Indiana could get close to as loud years back.

The barn really is as good as it gets when Gophs are competitive.

Assembly Hall is awesome if you have good seats. There are only about 5k worth sitting in.

Way back when, you could feel the whole place shake and not hear the person next to you when the Gophers got going. I don't think it's had that feeling since they "modernized" it. Not that it wasn't needed.
Last time I’ve felt that was when we beat #1 Indiana. It was shaking that night. That’s the last game where it was truly deafening.

Last time I’ve felt that was when we beat #1 Indiana. It was shaking that night. That’s the last game where it was truly deafening.
That's the one that stands out to me, but there were also the Musselman years where there were several games like that.

Top Bottom