Big Ten Announces Two Minnesota Football Kickoff Times‏

BleedGopher

Reaction score
University of Minnesota Football News

May 3, 2012

The Big Ten Conference has announced kickoff times for two Minnesota football games this fall. The conference announced kickoff times for each school’s Homecoming game. In addition to the Homecoming contest on campus in the Twin Cities, the Gophers will be Iowa’s Homecoming opponent on Sept. 29.

The Sept. 29 game at Iowa will kick off at 11am CT. Minnesota’s Homecoming contest vs. Northwestern – slated for Oct. 13 at TCF Bank Stadium – will also be a 11am CT kickoff. Television partners for the two contests have yet to be announced. The games will air on ESPN, ESPN2 or BTN with the broadcast entity to be announced either 12 or six days prior to the contests.

The Gophers now have start times for three games in the 2012 season. It was previously announced that Minnesota’s home date with Syracuse on Sept. 22 will kick off in prime time at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on BTN.

-UM-

Go Gophers!!

I hope we get to the level that the Gophers arn't "everybodys" homecoming game

I hope we get to the level that the Gophers arn't "everybodys" homecoming game

Well, according to this we are already there (at least for this season). We are exactly 1 team's homecoming opponent.

I don't like the 11:00 starts either. You don't get the benefit of the FULL tailgate as lot's don't open until 7:00 am. Also, I thought last year was an indication that the 11:00 starts were a thing of the past? Even if the games started at 12:00, that is a significant difference in many ways. The EST Big Ten teams win again....

I think this is more of a situation of schools wanting their homecoming games to be early. The schools get a little more say in scheduling homecoming games then the rest of the schedule. I'm guessing MN asked to be an 11 am kick for HC, as did Iowa for the game there. Hense not the Big ten screwing us over, but the MN and IA athletic departments. I have a feeling the rest of the home Non-con schedule will be 2:30 kicks as well as at least 2 of the remaining three home big ten games

University of Minnesota Football News

May 3, 2012

The Big Ten Conference has announced kickoff times for two Minnesota football games this fall. The conference announced kickoff times for each school’s Homecoming game. In addition to the Homecoming contest on campus in the Twin Cities, the Gophers will be Iowa’s Homecoming opponent on Sept. 29.

The Sept. 29 game at Iowa will kick off at 11am CT. Minnesota’s Homecoming contest vs. Northwestern – slated for Oct. 13 at TCF Bank Stadium – will also be a 11am CT kickoff. Television partners for the two contests have yet to be announced. The games will air on ESPN, ESPN2 or BTN with the broadcast entity to be announced either 12 or six days prior to the contests.

The Gophers now have start times for three games in the 2012 season. It was previously announced that Minnesota’s home date with Syracuse on Sept. 22 will kick off in prime time at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on BTN.

-UM-

Go Gophers!!

Make that FOUR games. From today's Las Vegas Sun:

The games include the season opener on Thursday, Aug. 30, against Minnesota at 8 p.m. (CBS Sports Network), a home game on Friday, Sept. 14, against Washington State at 6 p.m. (ESPN) and a road conference game on Saturday, Oct. 20, at Boise State at 12:30 p.m. (NBC Sports Network).

CBS Sports Network is the conference’s rights holder for games and it sublicenses games to NBC Sports Network and ESPN. There are currently 25 games featuring Mountain West teams slated to appear over the three networks.

GOFUR said:
I don't like the 11:00 starts either. You don't get the benefit of the FULL tailgate as lot's don't open until 7:00 am. Also, I thought last year was an indication that the 11:00 starts were a thing of the past? Even if the games started at 12:00, that is a significant difference in many ways. The EST Big Ten teams win again....

Reminds you of the old start times back at he Dome.

11ams are unlikely to go away completely. ESPN still wants to use B1G games to fill 11am slots for ESPN/ESPN2. However, last season suggested that the BTN games would mostly move to the 2:30 slot. It's possible that there might still be 11am BTN games but my understanding was that they'd be moving away from putting the BTN games in that slot.

11ams are unlikely to go away completely. ESPN still wants to use B1G games to fill 11am slots for ESPN/ESPN2. However, last season suggested that the BTN games would mostly move to the 2:30 slot. It's possible that there might still be 11am BTN games but my understanding was that they'd be moving away from putting the BTN games in that slot.

This is my understanding. There were 11am slots last year. Just fewer and we didn't have any for home games. Once a year I can deal with it. A good breakfast burrito tailgate is in order.

I love 11am starts, get done early and watch the rest of the games too. Nothing like crisp fall morning air to cook out in either, although admittedly I work overnights so I'm usually up before 5:00 on Saturdays anyway.

I love 11am starts, get done early and watch the rest of the games too. Nothing like crisp fall morning air to cook out in either, although admittedly I work overnights so I'm usually up before 5:00 on Saturdays anyway.

Glad you will be happy. I am used to getting up around 10 a.m. 11:00 starts are the worst imo. Oh well. I'm guessing this has something to do with wanting at least some students conscious for kickoff.

I can handle one 11:00 game. Two is annoying. Three sucks.

I can handle one 11:00 game. Two is annoying. Three sucks.

+1. I don't mind one 11 AM start a year. Change of pace and allows for full blown breakfast spread at the tailgate lot. However, there were years when there were 4 or 5 11 AM starts. Puke.

I love games that start in daylight and finish in darkness but I'l take 2:30 PM starts most of the time. 6 or 7 PM starts in September rule as do 2:30 starts in November.

+1. I don't mind one 11 AM start a year. Change of pace and allows for full blown breakfast spread at the tailgate lot.

You can have a breakfast spread for the 2:30 starts as well. Our crew has been doing breakfast and lunch for the 2:30 starts.

Top Bottom