Big Day in MN Sports

TheSportsAce

Chief Executive Gopher Rube
Reaction score
The Twins open the playoffs. At home. Against the Yankees. And the Vikings now have Randy Moss again. Wow, what a big day for Minnesota sports fans.\

It gets me thinking: when was the last time you were this excited about the Gopher football team? Only time I can remember being this excited was 10/10/03, just before the Gophers proceeded to donk away the Little Brown Jug, a top-10 ranking and a potential Rose Bowl trip.

It gets me thinking: when was the last time you were this excited about the Gopher football team? Only time I can remember being this excited was 10/10/03, just before the Gophers proceeded to donk away the Little Brown Jug, a top-10 ranking and a potential Rose Bowl trip.

Thanks for the trip down bummer lane. We will still be talking about that game twenty years from now...sadly.

Yep. I will never forget it. And, each passing Gopher Football bummer only helps to highlight what that horrible loss meant in the big picture. I also got excited for the undefeated Gophers to play at Penn State... only to be whipped and Brandon Owens gets a life-changing injury.

Anyway... yes, it is a big day for Minnesota sports. The Viking circus continues to operate all three rings, and the latest chance to beat the Yankees in the playoffs for ONCE is at hand. GO MINNESOTA!!!

i was pretty excited when we won the axe the last time...

I'd say it's a big week in general: ALDS, Moss, MNF, Axe Game, TC Marathon, Wild season opener in Finland, Gopher Pucks opening series.

That 03 Michigan loss is going to haunt us forever. That was a fork in the road. It was as if the Gates of Football Heaven opened up to welcome us to the Next Level. And then slammed just as it was in reach. One more stop, one more first down. We began to decline after that, but if we had won...

I'm hoping we get another chance at that fork in the road, and get it right this time.

It would be even a bigger day in sports if Tim Brewster got fired, but that is not going to happen.

It would be even a bigger day in sports if Tim Brewster got fired, but that is not going to happen.

It's more likely they'd use the 'cover' this day provides to declare that Brew will be back in 2011 no matter what, they've given up on building Tubby a practice facility and he's leaving at the end of the season, and they've signed on Don Lucia to a new 5 year contract.

The best part of today is that it is the five year anniversary of the Love Boat. Silly Vikings.

The Timberwolves are playing New York in Paris as we speak.

Top Bottom