Big Dan scouting report

Dan had been listed at 6’9” 400 lbs. up until this this season, when his weight dropped to 380. Now I’ve seen a couple places list him at 6’8”.

At this rate he will soon be able to slide out of the big and tall area at Kohls, for the larger selection available in the men’s department.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing it. Will be interesting to see where Faalele gets drafted. Will also be interesting to see how he is covered at the Combine.

Don't see anyway he isn't drafted somewhere by the end of the second round if not way sooner. Going to be fun to see where the NFL values potential over proven ability because there is little doubt that he is not yet a finished product.

I don’t think I’ve seen this on here. Cool write up with a lot of info. The Draft Network does a nice job and are a good follow.
Most early draft prognosticators see him going in the second or third round. I would not be surprised if teams realizing his raw potential willing to coach him up pick him in the late first round.

We will see how things changed after the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine.

Here are some of the sites giving early indications.

Pro Football Network:

NFL Mock Draft Database:

Fan Nation NFL Draft:

Walter Football:

NFL Draft Lounge:

Tank Nation:

Curious. First this was a very interesting take of Big Dan. Do the Gophers do an internal report on each player to sit down with him to go over his strengths and weaknesses like this report does? If they do, wonder how many times during the year they have an individual sit-down session to mark improvement etc.?

Dan had been listed at 6’9” 400 lbs. up until this this season, when his weight dropped to 380. Now I’ve seen a couple places list him at 6’8”.

At this rate he will soon be able to slide out of the big and tall area at Kohls, for the larger selection available in the men’s department.
Draft profile height listings are usually an inch shorter than the team roster.

Most early draft prognosticators see him going in the second or third round. I would not be surprised if teams realizing his raw potential willing to coach him up pick him in the late first round.

We will see how things changed after the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine.

Here are some of the sites giving early indications.

Pro Football Network:

NFL Mock Draft Database:

Fan Nation NFL Draft:

Walter Football:

NFL Draft Lounge:

Tank Nation:
FWIW - ESPN listed him as their 6th ranked tackle; if you’re a draftnick like me, you may get perverse pleasure when treams “jump the line” and take a player who they feel has a higher ceiling than others at that position and leave Mel dumbfounded: Raiders are the kings at this in the recent past. All it takes is one gym/club to fall in love with him. I bet he’s lights out at the Sr. Bowl

Draft profile height listings are usually an inch shorter than the team roster.
Pretty sure at all levels people round up aggressively on rosters: I, for example, am 6'1.5" in the streets, 6"2' in the (roster) sheets.

Pretty sure at all levels people round up aggressively on rosters: I, for example, am 6'1.5" in the streets, 6"2' in the (roster) sheets.
In HS, I was 6-1 on the roster but 5-11 3/4 at the doctors office. Now the nurse says I am 5-11 1/4 and she says “I am confident we got the measurement right this time.”

Quite a blow to the ego for me.

Curious. First this was a very interesting take of Big Dan. Do the Gophers do an internal report on each player to sit down with him to go over his strengths and weaknesses like this report does? If they do, wonder how many times during the year they have an individual sit-down session to mark improvement etc.?
I don't think the Gophers really have to do a stand alone report like this because the position coaches are constantly working with and developing the players. I am sure after the season there is an evaluation done on each guy coming back to know what to focus in on during the off season. But once you get past that it is a fluid process of learning and developing.

FWIW - ESPN listed him as their 6th ranked tackle; if you’re a draftnick like me, you may get perverse pleasure when treams “jump the line” and take a player who they feel has a higher ceiling than others at that position and leave Mel dumbfounded: Raiders are the kings at this in the recent past. All it takes is one gym/club to fall in love with him. I bet he’s lights out at the Sr. Bowl
There are some rumblings about that possibility:

In HS, I was 6-1 on the roster but 5-11 3/4 at the doctors office. Now the nurse says I am 5-11 1/4 and she says “I am confident we got the measurement right this time.”

Quite a blow to the ego for me.
U too

There are some rumblings about that possibility:

Txs - cool info/insight.

His feet/ playing other sports where he had to learn good footwork (Australian Rules Football and soccer?) are invaluable for him and he is an athlete and not just a football player.

The Athletic's Dane Brugler has him going #41 to Seattle in his latest mock draft.

Top Bottom