BIG Championship to be held in Indy through 2015 per Rittenberg tweet

JPIIGopher

Reaction score
Not a big fan of this decision. Was hoping that it would rotate around the league. I'm starting to wonder if Delany has some shares in Indianapolis Inc.

Indianapolis makes most sense. Central location. Indoor stadium. Nicest stadium. It wouldn't make sense to rotate anywhere other than Detroit. Detroit adds nothing other than a few hours of driving for the western half of the conference.

Absolutely the best choice. No doubt. Very neutral, very central, optional roof. Best choice by a HUGE margin. Chicago and Detslum are poor seconds. Metrodome is a septic 3rd. See you in Indy.

Delaney has failed yet again.

In 2011, 1 game involving Big Ten teams will be indoors: the Big Ten Championship Game. That's pathetic.

In 2012, with some scheduling to be determined, there will be 2 games indoors (jNWU vs. Syracuse and the Big Ten Championship game). Also pathetic.

In 2011, 1 game involving Big Ten teams will be indoors: the Big Ten Championship Game. That's pathetic.

In 2012, with some scheduling to be determined, there will be 2 games indoors (jNWU vs. Syracuse and the Big Ten Championship game). Also pathetic.

Yup Delaney has failed in turning into the Big Ten into the most powerful (from a business sense) conference in the country. :pig:

Silly

No posting for 10 days for you!

The only reason not to play the game in Chicago is the turf at Soldier Field is inadequate. Chicago has hundreds of thousands of Big Ten alum already in town and it is the easiest city to get to in the conference. There are games played outdoors on 11/26, does the weather really get that much worse by 12/3?

I just got back from Indy last week and I must say it is a very impressive city and very affordable. It's easy to get around--if you are staying downtown, everything is within walking distance. I went to a minor league baseball game on Thursday night and they had very good crowds.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the basketball conference tourney is in Indy too? I think it's a great, neutral location for the championship.

This a strange response to this announcement. The B1G Championship is about visibility and $$$. If you think otherwise, you're not thinking.

You do understand that the stadium has a retractable roof, and the game will be played with the roof open unless the weather is terrible?

You do undertand that the Soldier Field turf is considered the worst in pro football?

No one wants to see a Championship game in a driving rainstorm, blizzard, or -20. Well, maybe some folks do. Folks that aren't there.

I'd like to see the championship game move around a little. Hopefully it won't always be in the same location, wherever that is.

This probably has close to zero significance, but the NCAA is also located in Indianapolis.

I really think TCF would be an awesome venue for the Big Ten championship game. Outdoors, intimate, on-campus and in a great city with good travel connections. I understand the sound business reasons for Indianapolis but would prefer a more egalitarian rotation of the game throughout the conference.

I really think TCF would be an awesome venue for the Big Ten championship game. Outdoors, intimate, on-campus and in a great city with good travel connections. I understand the sound business reasons for Indianapolis but would prefer a more egalitarian rotation of the game throughout the conference.

This could be a realistic possibility once the light rail is done, but not now. It's always been a huge p.i.t.a. to get to the stadium during its first two years, and it will only be worse with Washington forever closed to car traffic. Getting into Minneapolis from anywhere else is easy, but getting around the Cities is actually pretty difficult when compared to metro areas of similar size.

Two problems I have with this:

-Playing indoors. Chicago would have been better

-Playing in a city known for basketball where the most popular college football team isn't even in the B1G. Chicago is at least marginally better on this point, though the second item is still true to a lesser degree thanks to Ill.

Chicago was the only good choice. Indoor football should be banished from the earth.

Tell that to Syracuse, ndsu, und, south Dakota, tulane, Idaho
Tell that to Detroit, Minnesota, Indianapolis, Houston, Dallas, new Orleans, Atlanta, Arizona,

They all seem to enjoy football still

Top Bottom