Big 10 receiving corps... rank 'em

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Just curious to see where people think the Gopher receiving group ranks among the 11 teams.

How would you rank 'em, 1-11? As they stand today, not thinking about potential, age, etc.

I will just go off the first Big Ten team we played since haven't paid too much attention to the receiving corps from other Big Ten teams.

1. Northwestern (maybe it is because their QB carved up our defense)
2. Minnesota

Next week I will throw Wisconsin in the mix...

Just curious to see where people think the Gopher receiving group ranks among the 11 teams.

How would you rank 'em, 1-11? As they stand today, not thinking about potential, age, etc.

My Team WR Rankings

1) Michigan State
2) Ohio State
3) Indiana
4) Iowa
5) Wisconsin
6) Penn State
8) Northwestern
9) Illinois
10) Minnesota
11) Purdue

* If Keith Smith was healthy, I think Minnesota would be last.

I think PapaHawk's list is pretty accurate. I can't disagree with it.

For me, it's way too early to rank them as I haven't seen most other teams that much. I will say that I've been pretty happy with our receivers so far this year. Both Gray and McKnight have shown flashes of being legit #1 receivers and Lair has played very well as of late. Hopefully we can get Allen some more touches with screens and short passes. I would expect this group to get better and better as the season goes on.

For me, it's way too early to rank them as I haven't seen most other teams that much. I will say that I've been pretty happy with our receivers so far this year. Both Gray and McKnight have shown flashes of being legit #1 receivers and Lair has played very well as of late. Hopefully we can get Allen some more touches with screens and short passes. I would expect this group to get better and better as the season goes on.

McKnight seems to be very talented but he still drops too many balls. Gray is a solid WR too. He reminds me of Marvin McNutt at Iowa. McNutt was the 3rd string QB 2 years ago and converted to WR. McNutt may be Iowa's best WR now and Gray is arguably the best WR at Minnesota.

Top Bottom